Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Eat Raw Oysters

On Tuesday 10.jan.2023, went to 126 Kopitiam to buy chapfan lunch no rice for the Elderlies and ourselves.

*** Fri 6.jan.2023 ***

11.48 am - 3 raw oysters. I persuaded him to eat one of the two big ones. Do you eat raw oysters?

11.42 am - there are many types of oysters in their ice trolley and customers can choose which types they prefer.

11.43 am - the two big ones are Gallagher Specials from Co. Donegal, Ireland.  The taste is described as Lingering sweetness with hint of minerals. I find the taste quite mild.

11.43 am - Sydney Rock type, much smaller than the big ones but taste is stronger. I wanted a stronger taste oyster so I chose this small oyster.

11.43 am - Sydney Rock from Australia. Described as small but packs a HUGE punch! Taste: Rich, creamy and alcohol-like strong taste. I prefer this strong taste. It is a pity that it is small.

11.46 am - price for 3 oysters: MYR 50.88 nett.

11.49 am - SHUCKED Oyster and Seafood Bar at The Food Merchant supermarket, Pavillion Bukit Jalil.

12.04 noon - he ate bouillabaisse in Nice, France and likes it so we ordered it. Bouillabaisse is a classic French fish soup with seafood. The bouillabaisse he ate in Nice, France doesn't have cream and cheese in it but this one has so he couldn't eat it. Luckily I had my container with me so I took it home to eat it the next day. I took the above photo after I have eaten the mussel.

The Raw Oysters here taste really good. As a treat, I will eat them on special occasions.

*** Tuesday 10.jan.2023 ***

11 am - right: he bought two packs of chapfan no rice at MYR 17 nett and one pack of soup wanton noodles with braised chicken feet MYR 7.5 nett for one elderly.
Left: I bought 3 vege dishes and was charged MYR 10 nett:
1. Yin choy
2. Spinach
3. Broccoli cauliflower celery

12 days to CNY! Are you going to the bank to get new notes for CNY angpows?

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I love raw oysters! But I hardly get a chance to eat them. Whenever I see them when I am at a buffet, I really attack the oysters. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you and your brother could try these oysters at shucked. They have a few branches.

      Delete
  2. Yes I do eat raw oysters but try not to. Haha. My hubby works in bank so we do get new notes. But for me, new or used notes are not much issue. We the one giving out angpow....lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why try not to? Oh, so nice that you don't have to q for new notes. People receiving angpows from you may prefer new notes. Hahaha.

      Delete
  3. yes, I have eaten raw oyster before in buffet, but not so fancy about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In buffet, the raw oysters are opened for quite some time already so may have loose their taste.

      Delete
  4. I do take raw oysters but won't be buying them by piece when they are priced like that! If in a buffet then I will whack some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya you are very frugal when it is about food.

      Delete
    2. Oh, means you have been trained to be frugal about fruit when you are young ?

      Delete