Thursday, December 22, 2022

Are you ready for 2023

On Thu 22.dec.22, went to Taman Desa because he wanted to buy tang yuan to give the Elderlies a treat, a cheat day because today is Dongzhi Festival aka Winter Solstice Festival aka 冬至 so perhaps it will make them happy. Tuck Tuck Tei coffee shop is having a rest day so we bought lunch for the Elderlies from two different coffee shops. There are many coffee shops selling roast meat on the same street as Tuck Tuck Tei coffee shop.

*** I love Yoo eatery Taman Desa ***

1.08 pm - one portion of Tang yuan MYR 6.3 from I love yoo eatery has 2 peanut and 2 red bean glutinous rice balls.

Advert copied from I love Yoo eatery. 4 Tang yuan in soy drink. Tonight, can go enjoy Tang yuan at any I love Yoo eatery.

*** 2023 Planner ***

So sweet that I cannot resist. Bought it at MYR 8.9 from a stationery shop next to speedmart in Taman Desa. Distributed by www.unipaper.com.my in Penang.

Pretty pastel colours.

*** Lunch ***

11.24 am - our shared lunch.
The vege and eggs are from Sing Kee Kitchen Taman Desa MYR 23 :
1. Eggs, bittergourd, okra, petola 
2. Eggs, bittergourd, petola
3. Nam Yue pork belly slices
4. 2 braised eggs
5. 1 braised tofu

The roast meat is from Sky Kopitiam coffee shop Taman Desa MYR 30 :
1. One portion siew yuk MYR 10
2. Lower quarter steamed ginger chicken
3. One portion rice for one elderly

The above lunch is shared with the Elderlies.

9 comments:

  1. Didn't make tang yuen this year. Just have some at my mum's house this morning after drop the kids over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good enough that you all ate tang Yuen at your mother's house. 👍

      Delete
  2. I remember my grandparents used to make tang yuan every year but somehow I never liked the taste. I like the planner that you bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you like the sweet looking planner too. You don't like the taste of soft glutinous rice balls?

      Delete
  3. I used to make tang yuen for my boys. Those were the days when they helped to roll them into balls and all kinds of shape that they want. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Winter Solstice festival to u & family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope you all had a good time eating tang yuen at home.

      Delete
  5. Such big tang yuans!

    Yes the planner has very sweet colours and picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, they are big tang Yuen with fillings inside. I think both SE and JE would like this sweet looking planner too.

      Delete