Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Steam Brown Sugar Kuih

On Tuesday 12.apr.22, we went out to buy lunch for the Elderlies and ourselves.

At Swee Hing coffee shop, I saw these two packs of nyonya kuih in the tray of kuihs that are all sold out so I bought both at MYR 4.60 nett. One pack costs MYR 2.30 nett. They are made by Aroma Nyonya and distributed to many coffee shops to be sold.

The yellow blue seri muka kuih is as tasty as before. Each of us ate one piece. For the Ma Lai Go, we haven't eaten those made by Aroma Nyonya before so we are happy to find that we like them a lot so we will buy them again.

There are 4 pieces of this Ma Lai Go in the plastic container. It is very soft and fluffy. The dark brown sugar taste is extremely delicious.

Cross section - soft, fluffy and a bit on the oily side which we are ok with.

Food that we bought:

Sweet Hing coffee shop:
1. Hot hainan char drink MYR 3.20
2. 2 packs of pork mihun soup MYR 7.50 each and one pack is for the elderly's lunch.
3. 1 pack of pork yee Mee soup MYR 7.50 for our next day's breakfast
4. 1 pack chicken feet mushrooms wanton noodles dry for the Elderly's lunch at MYR 7.50
5. 1 pack char siew wanton noodles dry at MYR 7 for our dinner
6. 1 pack char kway teow mixed with yellow noodles at MYR 8 for our lunch
7. 2 egg tarts at MYR 2.20 each
8. 2 packs of nyonya kuih at MYR 2.30 each

126 Kopitiam
1. 3 packs of Soybar Pudding aka tofufa at MYR 10 in total. 2 packs for the Elderlies and 1 pack for him

Kk mart
1. One loaf of gardenia wholemeal bread at MYR 3.60

Now I can't wait to buy the ma Lai go aka steam Brown Sugar Kuih again.

12 comments:

  1. Nice kueh you have there, I like the ma lai koe... I am going to eat a brown sugar pau shortly... the filling is filled with the coconut palm sugar, something different for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to eat a coconut palm sugar pau.

      Delete
  2. i almost can't recognise the malaigou coz the shape is so different. This one reminds me of Gardenia Chocolate Twiggie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't recognize them too. Just buy. All kuih from aroma nyonya are tasty.

      Delete
  3. I too couldn't recognise the ma lai gou because of it unusual shape. I love Nyonya kuih but I can't eat much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how many pieces I could eat in one sitting.

      Delete
  4. I know seri muka, but yellow is usually durian.. Love glutinous rice, its good with savoury or sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Durian would be very tasty. A pity that this yellow is not durian. You are right, glutinous rice taste great either sweet or savoury.

      Delete
  5. I'd be very happy if Aroma Nyonya is available to me! Love kuih. Nyonya Colours would be my usual place but they're more expensive and with MCO I hardly go to malls any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O&S coffee shop in Paramount garden PJ sells kuih from Aroma Nyonya so if you are in that area, you can go buy them.

      Delete
    2. Ah ok thanks for sharing. Never noticed.

      Delete