Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Carpe Diem

On Tuesday 26.apr.22, we went to Taman Desa to buy cold cham drinks from the Pakopi drinks truck, lunch for the Elderlies and food for ourselves.

11.44 am - our lunch from Tuck Tuck Tei coffee shop. Siew yuk rice MYR 8 and economy rice MYR 13 : rice, minced pork patty, one braised egg, soyknot, egg tofu, okra, napa cabbages, and long bean. I feel the siewyuk is very tasty. Not much fat, crispy skin and tender meat, not hard and not dry. That's why I bought it for the Elderlies.

The Elderlies' lunch: siew yuk rice MYR 8 and economy rice MYR 8: rice, minced pork patty, brinjal and lettuce.

Also bought, a pack of dry wanton noodles at MYR 7.50, 3 siew baos and 1 egg tart from Sing Kee Kitchen coffee shop at MYR 2.20 each. From the drinks truck, bought 5 cham at MYR 3.90, 1 coffee jelly at MYR 4.90 and 1 coffee jelly gula melaka at MYR 5.90 so spent MYR 30.30 on 7 iced drinks which I think is equivalent to maybe 2 branded coffee drinks so I think these drinks are good value for Money but of course I could make my own drinks which I don't think will taste as good. Carpe Diem! My friend told me that her sister went to Spain with her ex university friends this week on vacation and to visit her children studying in London. Since I am not going anywhere, might as well just eat and drink anything I feel like having. 

6 comments:

  1. I like the lunch you bought for the elderlies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chap fan dishes you picked, all very ngam my taste. Looks like we have the same stainless steel container.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your container is also from Bro ? Chap fan dishes have many varieties so can pick those dishes that we like.

      Delete
  3. Carpe diem indeed! Travelling overseas now still has a lot of Covid procedures anyway (sour grapes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go Sg no need that many procedures already.

      Delete