Thursday, April 7, 2022

Soybar Pudding So Silky Smooth

On Thursday 7.apr.22, went out to buy lunch  and bread for the Elderlies and ourselves.

3 pm - I ate this slightly sweet cold tofufa for dessert. I bought 6 tubs because the seller told me that there is a promo of buy 3 tubs for MYR 10 nett so I bought 6 tubs for MYR 20 nett and gave 2 tubs to the Elderlies. The Elderlies love it, so smooth, so silky, they gushed! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹ Guess we will be buying more tubs for the Elderlies.

I bought it from the Soybar stall in Restoran 126 Kopitiam in Sri Petaling. This coffee shop is located near Overseas Restaurant in Sri Petaling. PH also loves to eat this Soybar Pudding as mentioned in her Soybar article here.

Side view. The tofufa texture is very very soft so need to be very careful when scooping it.

11.40 am - our shared economy rice lunch from Golden Chopsticks coffee shop, Sri Petaling at MYR 8 for rice, broccoli, sweet potato leaves, pumpkin and minced pork tong choy patty. I also bought a pack of pork soup yee mee MYR 7 for his next day's breakfast. 

For the Elderlies' lunch, from this same coffee shop, I bought another pack of economy rice at MYR 7 for rice, brinjal, minced pork tong choy patty and little gem lettuce and one pack of roasted deboned chicken thigh and char siew rice at MYR 9 nett. Bought a loaf of gardenia wholemeal bread MYR 3.6 for the Elderlies too. They consume one loaf of bread in 3 days for breakfast.

Then I went to pickup this Pakopi order of 4 cold cham drinks because we just can't stop drinking the cold refreshing cham drink. The usual price at the taman Desa food truck is MYR 3.90 nett per cham drink so I paid a bit higher price for pick up fast with no waiting from the food truck at Sri Petaling.

Then I went to the new Nam Heong eatery in the service apartment Pinnacle in Sri Petaling to buy 6 egg tarts, 1 chicken pie, 1 chicken pastry and 1 coconut tart at a total of MYR 32.50 nett meaning on average 1 pastry item costs about MYR 3.61 which is a bit on the premium side. The egg tart pastry is very crispy and light. The egg tart filling is smooth and soft so need to be handed with care.

For dinner, he finished eating all the papaya pork ribs soup, pork trotter and rice from the previous day. I didn't eat dinner.

12 comments:

  1. i haven't try the new Nam Heong yet. The pie/pastry in Esquire Kitchen is slightly cheaper than Nam Heong, I usually buy from Esquire Kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taste is quite different I would say. 😊

      Delete
  2. I love chilled toufufa. Nice to take on this crazy warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so soft toifufa...

    i think this taste look alike puding.

    ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, is similar but a bit Softer than pudding.

      Delete
  4. I miss eating taufufa. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always buy soya milk and look at taufufa being prepared for other customers haha. Maybe this weekend will go for the latter as well.

    ReplyDelete