Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Astana

On Wednesday 13.apr.22, ordered 3 deliveries for ourselves. One for me and two for him.

12.27 noon - my food: Vareniki, Samsa and Medovik from Astana Eatery recommended by a kind person who wrote a comment in this post here. A big thanks to severelyscared who introduced these delicious food and dumplings to me. The small tub contains sour cream. 

That slice of cake is Medovik which is a layered cake made from wafer thin sheets of honey biscuit. The texture is stacked up crispiness and it tastes wonderfully of caramelized fragrant honey. Sweet!

Vareniki is boiled dumplings stuffed with potato, cheese, or other fillings. I selected cheese fillings. The skin is soft and not that thin so it is easy to eat and nice to chew on. There are 16 dumplings so I ate 9 and kept 7 for another day as the dumplings are very filling.

Samsa is a savoury pastry in Central Asian cuisines. I chose minced beef and onions fillings. The pastry skin is layered and crispy. Yummy! The beef taste is not too strong so many people would enjoy it.

Address of Astana Eatery:  A-01-10, Endah Promenade, Sri Petaling. I will definitely try Vareniki with potatoes fillings next time.

8 comments:

  1. i didn't realise SP has such restaurant selling Central Asia food. Will mark this in my next foodie expedition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, be adventurous and try some of its food. I think you will like the rice and meat dishes.

      Delete
  2. Oh something new to me also, all looks yummy from the pictures and your description. Let me repeat I'm jealous of the many food options in your place. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New to me too. I believe kota Damansara area has more food options than here.

      Delete
    2. Kota Damansara is considered nearest to me, but delivery from there isn't cheap either.

      Delete
    3. Ya, need to select those with free delivery

      Delete