Monday, February 19, 2024

Durian2024

On Monday 19.feb.2024, early morning we went to the hospital to get an appointment date for a brain CT scan for the elderly. Got a date at the end of May so reschedule the geriatrics appointment to early June after the brain scan.

*** Hou's Kopitiam Taman Continental ***

9.54 am - his order: curry noodles MYR 18.80 nett. He chose wanton noodles which I like because they are thin and al dente wanton noodles so they are very easy to chew and swallow. This curry noodles dish is worth it because it has many ingredients such as cockles, siew yuk and char siew to name a few. Not spicy at all, just creamy.

9.56 am - I ordered my usual iced salted butter coffee drink MYR 5 nett which is thick and rich until it made me feel very full. He ordered ho Ka sai cold drink MYR 5 nett which I think is supposed to be Milo, coffee and tea but I can only taste the Milo in this drink as I need to drink it as he couldn't finish it.

10.04 am - I ordered a plate of 5 pieces of crunchy chicken fillets MYR 12.90 nett because I don't want to eat any simple carbs for my main order after eating his remaining curry noodles. The coating is similar to Taiwan big crunchy fried chicken chop. Not oily so I suspect maybe they are air fried. He ate 2 pieces and I ate 3 pieces so I was quite full from this brunch and my omad is completed with this brunch.

10.21 am - the chicken fillets are lean tender chicken breast meat which I like.

9.51 am to 10.38 am - just about 50 minutes for our brunch. Total price is MYR 41.70 nett for 2 pax.

*** Chit Chat Food ***

At about 12.30 noon, I received a message from my friend who is around the vicinity so I walked out to meet her for a chit chat to catch up.

1.33 pm - after she ate her lunch, I suggested going to Seven Canteen eatery to continue our chat. I ordered iced coffee O Kosong which is light and refreshing with a tiny tinge of sour taste so can order this coffee again next time.

I also ordered a croissant 🥐 with butter and Kaya which is passable. She ordered a hot honey lemon drink. Total price for 3 items is MYR 15 nett which I paid with TNG. We chatted from 12.50 noon till 3.30 pm. Then I walked home.

*** Durian Chen SSG ***

3.36 pm - I walked past this durian stall and the durian called out to me at MYR 55 per kg so I stopped by to eat one durian after one whole year 2023 of not eating durians. Bought one durian at MYR 60 nett and sat at the stall to eat it all, there and then. The seeds are flat and small. The durian is a creamy but just a bit on the sticky dry side. There is a seed with flower so they replaced it with another seed which has watery bitter flesh.

3.51 pm - I ate a total of 11 seeds all by myself. Then at 6.30 pm, after a botched job of testing blood sugar with the final remaining strip, we went to the nearby pharmacy to buy new strips but they are out of stock so I did a blood sugar test at the pharmacy itself for MYR 3 nett and the reading is 6.8 mmol/L so I am still ok to eat one durian on my own.

*** Lunch and dinner ***

11.03 am - he bought wanton noodles soup from new Lian hin. He walked there from hou's kopitiam. The elderly ate everything except for 1.5 leaves of nai Pak.

6.45 pm - he cooked one vit noodles with egg, lettuce and pork trotter meat. The elderly ate everything except for the soup so soup wanton and vit noodles are favourites.

*** New Lian Hin ***

He took photos of the menu in new Lian hin eatery which serves dishes from 11 am onwards.
Please click on the 4 photos below to get a larger image to read the name of dishes and prices.

10.44 am - one day we will order from this menu for lunch.

I will order the tofu dishes.

Pork dishes for him.

I want to order the pancake lotus.

*** The End ***

12 comments:

  1. The food looks so good! How long have you been monitoring your blood sugar levels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire your dedication! I can’t bring myself to prick my fingers 🙈

      Delete
    2. But I only do it whenever I feel I need to know the reading.

      Delete
  2. wah u ate the whole durian?! geng! i don't think i can handle the 'heatiness', salute u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only 11 seeds and quite small ones too so is not considered as much 😁😀

      Delete
  3. I enjoy looking at the food you and hubby eat daily. Wow you ate one whole durian. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We wanna enjoy food as much as we can. Burn our candles faster. He doesn't want to eat durian cos his body doesn't handle sugar from durian well so I have to eat it alone. Don't want to bring home so ate the whole durian outside in one sitting.

      Delete
  4. I think I took one or two seeds of durian last year. Not crazy about it. Haha. I easily get heart from eating durian so one reason I don't eat much of it. But I do love durian flowers. Yummy. Ate few servings of that last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could taste the durian flowers. I think I will like the taste.

      Delete
  5. You must have enjoyed the durian after so long!

    ReplyDelete