Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Mille-Feuille

On Wednesday 15.feb.2023, went to a cafe in Taman Desa for lunch just because I want to eat mille feuille.

"A mille-feuille (French pronunciation: ​[mil fœj], "thousand-sheets"), also known by the names Napoleon, vanilla slice, and custard slice, is a dessert made of puff pastry layered with pastry cream. "
Source: 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mille-feuille

11.32 am - looks so pretty! 😍

11.33 am - mixed berry mille feuille MYR 15 nett, a delicate dessert.

11.33 am - top view. How do I eat such a delicate dessert?

The url below lists 4 ways to eat this dessert:




11.36 am - his fish and chips MYR 18 nett. The fish is Pollock fish.

11.44 am - my beef pie MYR 13 nett. Tastes delicious!

11.37 am - please click on the above photo for a larger image to read the prices.

Photo from the official movie Hidden Blade 无名wb website.

The movie uses this 拿破仑 dessert from this Mr. Choi Patisserie in Shanghai. They have branches in Hangzhou too.

This photo is copied from a movie viewer wb account. She bought the above dessert for RMB 300 inclusive of delivery after watching the movie.

Side view of her dessert.

The source of the two photos above are from ☝️.

I searched online for mille feuille and the results say this eatery is closest to me so I went there to eat this dessert. Encore eatery in Taman Desa - a cozy cafe with a variety of pretty mini tarts. One mini tart costs MYR 5 and 6 mini tarts cost MYR 25 which is a combo price. I will be back to eat 6 mini tarts one day. 🤤

1.22 pm - I bought a tomato basil quiche MYR 13 nett and a chicken ham quiche MYR 13 nett, takeaway in my apple container for the next day because I want to try their quiche.

12.16 noon - two quiche MYR 26 nett total from encore eatery.

After that I bought takeaway dinner for him from Tuck Tuck Tei chapfan stall MYR 6 for napa cabbages, long bean and bitter gourd; from Sing Kee Kitchen, a quarter roast duck top portion MYR 20 nett.

2 comments:

  1. I want your dessert!!! Lol. It was sure pretty, too pretty to be eaten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, it is pretty and too delicate to be cut.

      Delete