Sunday, March 27, 2022

Lavince Bakery

On Sunday 27.mar.22, it was our usual routine of going to Taman Desa to buy food.

Lunch from Tuck Tuck Tei coffee shop economy rice stall. The chicken thigh with rice costs MYR 5.5 nett.

The veges selected are:
1. Pumpkin
2. Yin choy aka amaranth greens
3. Napa cabbage
4. Bitter gourd
5. Soy knots
6. Egg tofu
Without rice, the price is MYR 8 nett so the total price is MYR 13.50 nett for both containers of food from the economy rice stall.

I also bought:
1. 2 egg tarts and 2 siew Bao from sing Kee Kitchen coffee shop at MYR 8.80
2. 3jc mihun soup at MYR 7.50
3. 2 pieces of ccf, 2 brinjal ytf, 4 pieces of fried items with curry and brown sauce at MYR 11.50
4. 1 thick apam at MYR 1.50
5. 6 iced cham from Pak Kopi 1969 food truck at MYR 3.90 each

When in Taman Desa, I will walk past this Lavince bakery.

I have tried their egg tart, siew Bai and Osaka durian cake before. Tastes good.

12 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin. I will be tempted to enter the bakery to buy the siew bao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here about pumpkin. If walk into the bakery, definitely will buy more than siew baos.

      Delete
  2. I bought pumpkin last weekend. So I better cook it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cook the pumpkin and eat it. Yummy! 😋😋😋

      Delete
  3. You don't cook rice at home so can save on buying ready-cooked rice? It's just me, then. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh? Don't quite understand. I don't eat rice if I can help it. Only he eats rice. Can't save much on rice as one portion of rice costs only MYR 2 nett. Your household got many people eating rice so it is different.

      Delete
    2. Ah ok you're probably right on the number of pax. Yes you understand correctly - rather than buy rice at rm2/portion, I'd cook the rice at home since that's the easy part.

      Delete
    3. More people eat rice at home is easy to cook at home. Imagine cooking rice for one person one portion everytime! 🤦🏻‍♀️

      Delete
    4. When I cook rice for myself for lunch, I cook 2 portions and put one in the fridge. With advance planning I suppose can cook more and maybe freeze. But I do just 2 at a time lah - will alternate with noodles or something.

      Delete
    5. Ya, once I cook a big pot and I have to eat rice everyday which I don't want to.

      Delete
  4. wah, plenty of food to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, always buying more food than we can eat for one day.

      Delete