Wednesday, March 2, 2022

After So Long

On Wednesday 2.mar.22, we went to PJ to run an errand and stopped by O&S coffee shop to buy takeaway food. Many of the stalls that we like are closed for the day so we bought food from the stalls that are opened for business.

10.50 am - noticed this rojak stall so bought a pack of fruit rojak and one each of 5 types of jelly from it. The 5 types of jelly are still in my fridge, waiting to be eaten. 

1.39 pm -. The remaining fruit rojak for me. Crunchy pieces of fruit in sweet rojak sauce. Nice! 

This is the number for this rojak and jelly stall.

12.30 noon - his lunch of kway teow soup from O&S coffee shop. Normally they will include cubes of blood curd but they don't have it this time. MYR 7.50 nett.

1 pm - I saw this snack so bought a tub to try. I am not sure what this snack is called. MYR 26 nett.

Around 9 cm in diameter. Very crunchy. It is similar to eating peanuts and anchovies together because the cracker is just a thin piece compared to the number of peanuts. I hope it won't go soft as I will need a few weeks to finish eating all the pieces in this tall container.

1 pm - I ate the remaining kway teow soup he kept for me with the snack.

Saw this kuih pulut at the same stall with the snack so bought one pack of 6 pieces to show him as he said he doesn't know what I am talking about when I described this childhood snack to him. MYR 5.50 nett.

It is sweet and I need to eat the remaining 5 pieces to see what other taste I could get. Unfortunately he doesn't even want to try it so I have to eat all 6 pieces by myself. One a day so 6 days to clear this item. Serves me right for buying food without a clear idea of who is going to eat it. 🤣😂

Also bought:

1. 7 deep fried chempedak from a motorcycle stall parked opposite the coffee shop. MYR 10 nett. I ate 5. Sweet and tasty but oily.

2. 3 Deep fried nian gao sweet potato and 1 deep fried banana at MYR 1.50 nett each. He ate 1 nian gao and I ate the remaining 3.

3. Dry wanton noodles at MYR 7.50 nett for the next day's dinner.

4. Large mixed beef mihun soup at MYR 10.50 nett for the next day's breakfast.

5. From the corner coffee shop behind O&S coffee shop, I bought hainan char drink at MYR 3 nett but was given milk tea drink and pork mihun soup at MYR 7.50 nett which he ate the whole bowl of pork mihun soup for dinner as I didn't want any.

Too bad many of the stalls are closed else I would have bought popiah and Chee Cheung fun too. I think it may be another year before I visit this coffee shop again.

14 comments:

  1. We call it tempeyek hehe for the peanuts and anchovies snack. Love the crunchies in rojak too. Fried chempedak are yummy but yes oily.. Long time never had them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know the name. Seldom see fried chempedak so when I see them I must buy them.

      Delete
  2. So many food you bought. The snack u bought (rempeyek) is one of my fav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks. So tempeyek is also called rempeyek.

      Delete
  3. We love rojak. Recently, we found a stall that sells good rojak and very generous with the crushed peanuts. That is my favourite snack called rempeyek. That kuih pulut looks interesting and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I saw the rempeyek you wrote about so that's why I bought them when I saw them. Have u eaten the kuih pulut before?

      Delete
  4. I love fruit rojak. There is one uncle who sells it near Atria Damansara Jaya. His is very good but don't know if he is still there. That snack, rempeyek, is very addictive. I tried one brand - Secret Rempeyek many years ago and it was so good. But I found it terribly addictive and did not buy anymore LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, eat the rempeyek until mouth is so tired from chewing. Ah, long time u didn't go to atria area. Same here, almost more than 2 years never go to atria.

      Delete
  5. I like rempeyek coz i like peanuts. Last time my colleague sometimes brought to the office and shared at pantry😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, buy one tub like this and everyone eats in the pantry is the best. Can quickly finish it without it having to turn soft.

      Delete
  6. Oh you just went late.

    The last time I hauled food back from O&S, some didn't taste good so for now I don't have plans for a revisit. Poured the prawn paste into the CCF which turned out super-salty... never happened when I was dining there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was there at 10.50 am so it is not late. I don't think all stalls open everyday. Wednesday may be the day off for some stalls. I think you poured too much prawn paste. When dining there, they never give that much prawn paste.

      Delete
    2. You're right, didn't notice the 1050am which is actually early. Food stalls typically close Mon/Tue... Weds isn't so common.

      Delete
    3. I think O&S rest day is either on Wednesday or Thursday.

      Delete