Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Frozen Vannamei Prawns

On Wednesday 9.mar.22, he cooked prawns tong hoon with wa wa vegetables for our lunch and I ordered dinner for him using grab hotdeals after 1 pm.

1.11 pm - our lunch of 10 frozen Vannamei Prawns with wa wa vegetables, ginger, cooking wine and tong hoon. This time, there is no coriander because I didn't manage to buy any but the dish is just as tasty as the previous time he cooked it. Yummy! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Vannamei Prawns are also known as the white leg shrimps. More information can be found here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteleg_shrimp

So we have eaten these two packs of frozen prawns and can do a comparison.

The white Vannamei Prawns are bouncy and the meat is finer than the tiger prawns. The tiger prawns meat is firm and felt more muscular. Both he and I preferred the tiger prawns because they taste naturally sweeter and we don't prefer bouncy texture.

The normal price without discount of the tiger prawns is MYR 1 higher than the Vannamei Prawns.

He wanted to drink peppery stomach soup so I used grab hotdeals to buy it from Chok Kar Chong eatery after 1 pm for his dinner. He says the Chicken is tasty. I didn't eat it because I didn't eat dinner.

12 comments:

  1. I want to have peppery stomach soup too especially on a cold rainy day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo. I could imagine the soup must be sweet and tasty. Saw these frozen prawns packs in supermarket but I only bought once. I used in cooking vegetable or in soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹Very convenient to use, right? The frozen prawns.

      Delete
  3. I might have tried those frozen prawns before but I can't remember when or how I cooked them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The prawns, wa wa veggie and tong hoon looks yummy. I usually buy prawns from the fish stall at the morning market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cos you are very diligent to clean the prawns. πŸ‘

      Delete
  5. the soup must be flavorful by looking at the amount of prawns and veggies in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh so 'vannamei' is the scientific name. I was wondering what language it was! Cantonese? Tamil? Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete