Friday, September 17, 2021

Home baked moon cakes

On Friday 17.sep.21, we ordered lunch delivery for the elderlies and they told us that the gravy split a bit from the packaging.

Wed 15.sep.21 8.52 am - ate a mini mochi mooncake as breakfast. The mochi layer is nice and chewy after being stored on the fridge. Tasty!

It is individually wrapped in a nice small plastic transparent container.

Two different types of mini mooncakes.

4 different flavours in one box.

The 4 flavour are: Taro yam, cheese, salted egg yolk and lotus pandan.

Yoko Pastry - tasty home made mini mochi mooncakes. This is Yoko Pastry's advert e-poster. All the 4 flavours taste very nice. Only for people who loves to eat mochi.

I read PH's article about mini mooncakes from Bakesterkl so I bought one box to try.

Fri 17.sep.21 5.30 pm - two of us shared one mini mooncake and it tastes very good because it is freshly baked.

There are 4 flavours but I select one flavour only - white lotus with yolk for all 8.

These mini mooncakes are perfect for people who loves to eat moon cakes but need it to watch their sweet food intake as these mooncakes are not that sweet. Both of them are sold out. So it is wait till next year moon cake festival to buy from them again.

10 comments:

  1. Sold out?? Biz so laku for the mooncakes....I jst had mini mooncakes today too. Homemade...not sure frm where coz it is brandless & given frm neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sold out because their resources are limited so they set a fix number of orders only so once all orders have been booked, then it is sold out. Now homemade moon cakes are very popular. Wonder where your neighbour bought it from.

      Delete
    2. We didn't ask them where the mooncakes from. Jst accept their gift without asking much🤭😆

      Delete
    3. Hehehehe, ya ya, no need ask so much when got goodies to eat. 😋

      Delete
  2. Looks so good,cute and yummy, pandan flavour must be delicious. First impression, I thought you baked it,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you like pandan flavour. Yes it is delicious! Hahaha, I have never baked anything on my own, I have only assisted my sister to bake bread and cakes.

      Delete
  3. So do you have mooncakes left over? Remember your ones from last year!

    I didn't buy any mooncakes this year - plan to check this weekend if any are still around. I got to eat some already, just didn't buy any myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, still have 2 traditional ones bought from Merryn, 4 Shanghai pastry mooncakes with a layer of mochi inside, 5 Shanghai pastry mooncakes with one whole yolk inside, and the ones I received from my friend which is 2 larger Shanghai pastry mooncakes. Hahaha, seems like this year I bought mainly Shanghai pastry mooncakes. Gosh, I better start to speed up eating them because they have no preservatives and can't keep long.

      Delete
    2. Keep too long also won't taste nice.

      Delete
    3. So far those I kept for one year still taste as good but this year I will make it a point to finish them in this month.

      Delete