Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Beef Noodle Hock Hin Subang

On Wednesday 15.sep.21, we picked up food on our way back and delivered them to the elderlies for their lunch.

*** Wed 8.sep.21 ***

Read this article about a stall selling tasty Taiwan beef noodles so I contacted the seller and bought 5 packs to be picked up by Lalamove delivery:

https://www.malaymail.com/news/eat-drink/2020/08/20/rmco-food-takeaway-enjoy-taiwan-beef-noodles-from-subang-jayas-restaurant-h/1895491

Wed 8.sep.21 8.23 am - beef tendon and beef meat Lai fun soup. They adjusted the dish to local taste by adding bean curd sheets to the noodles which makes me think of bak Kut teh soup. Imagine beef Kut Teh. The beef broth doesn't have strong herbs taste like those beef broth that I have eaten in Taipei, this broth only has a slight herbal taste. The beef ingredients are fresh and tasty although I prefer the beef meat to be softer. If the stall is near my place, I would eat this noodle once a week.

12.33 noon - my portion.

Thu 9.sep.21 6 pm - dinner of mixed beef Mee hoon shared by two pax with added little gem lettuce.

The price list for Taiwan beef noodles:
In MYR
Beef meat noodles 8.00
Beef mixed noodles 10.00
Beef tendon and tripe  12.00
Beef meat and tendon   11.00
Beef tendon noodles 13.00

My order:
1. Beef meat and tendon laifun
2. Beef mixed meehoon
3. Beef tendon and tripe kway teow
4. Beef meat meehoon
5. Beef tendon laifun
Total price is MYR 51 nett.

We kept item 1 and 2 for ourselves and gave item 3, 4 and 5 to my friends.

The beef stall is located inside Hock Hin coffee shop:
Taiwan beef noodles stall, 
Restaurant Hock Hin, 
No. 44, Jalan SS19/6, Subang Jaya. 
Open: 7am to 1pm. 
Closed on Tuesday and Wednesday once a month.

I contacted the seller's hp:
Zero 1 2 - 3 empat zero 686 satu 

12 comments:

  1. Oh I took beef noodles too... but as in pho.. hahaha... cannot miss that while in Sacramento.. the beef is endless and i couldnt finish it all at one go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowadays I also cannot eat one portion of beef. Even a small 4 inches chunky beef pie, I need to divide it to eat in 3 days. Ever since 18 March 2020,I have not eaten pho. One of these days I will order pho beef soup delivery. 😋😋😋

      Delete
  2. I rarely take beef, so I don't fancy strong beef broth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then this will be suitable for you because the beef taste is not that strong in the broth.

      Delete
  3. Looks good tapi I cannot eat beef. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cows thank you for not eating beef. 👍

      Delete
  4. I love beef noodles. Haven't had our favourite beef noodle and it is too far to tapau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you writing about the beef noodles. It has radish, right?

      Delete
  5. Beef soup is good. Thats a long list, then I read some are for your friends. Tedious to make, I also buy soup sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a good cook. Ya I buy more to give my friends.

      Delete
  6. Maybe next round order more and freeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhmmm, not going to buy anytime soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete