Tuesday, December 31, 2019

WG Hoagies

Today is the last day of 2019. Anyone feeling sad that 2019 will be over soon?

Pop Pizza is a new eatery in Midvalley Mall that occupies the shop unit that used to house Speedy Video. This article states that Speedy Video closed its outlet in Midvalley Mall on Sunday, 15 Sept 2019.

Ori Udon at the Gardens Mall which I have eaten a meal there once in 2014 has been replaced by Lucky Mala Noodle which has a similar concept to Hotpot Kitchen in Midvalley Mall where customers select raw ingredients and pass it to the kitchen to be stir fried with a choice of spicy sauce that ranges from less spicy to very spicy. My friends considered eating lunch here but I asked them to go ahead while I eat at another place because I don't like having any of their sauces so my friends very kindly say that they will accompany me instead and did not eat lunch at this new eatery.

Jonker Sweets Dessert at the Gardens Mall has been replaced by this kiosk selling kuih lapis. I tried a tiny piece and found it to be very sweet so I did not buy any.

The name is Ambon Boenda.

Whenever we are at Midvalley Mall before 10 am, we will walk around looking for breakfast and one day we saw this signboard but we did not eat here because we have to pay extra for drinks that do not have attractive prices.

Lunch at Hoagies, The Gardens Mall.

Finally I tried the food at Hoagies, The Gardens Mall after walking away from "Lucky Mala Noodle" to have this lunch set with drinks included for the price of MYR 19.90+ (10% service charge) which is MYR 21.90 nett.

My friends ordered the same dish - sweet and sour chicken baked rice to find that there is a layer of cheese underneath the sweet and sour chicken for MYR 21.90 nett.


I ordered the NYC Hoagies set lunch. Very tasty iced lemon passion fruit drink with passion fruit pulps and a slice of lemon in the drink. My friend asked for hot water to be added to her drink and they obliged so service is good. The beef slices in my sandwich is not as tender as I would have like them to be but overall I like this sandwich because there are many slices of red and green capsicum in the sandwich. I think this set lunch is value for money due to the nice drink and crispy fresh salad with black olives.

Total price for 3 pax is MYR 65.65 nett.


Is life like a box of donuts to you?

Since there is a promo by a telco service provider to get 3 free donuts when one buys 3 donuts, I selected the following flavours:
- coffee cinnamon
- almond flakes
- choc nuts
- peanut butter jam
- strawberry fillings
- blueberry fillings
Each donut costs MYR 3.30+ (6% SST = MYR 3.50 nett) so 3 donuts cost MYR 10.50 nett and due to the promo, I get 6 donuts which means 1 donut is MYR 1.75 nett which is half price which is a good deal.

Total price for 6 donuts from Dunkin' Donuts: MYR 10.50 nett.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year! A happy 2020 year to all of you and may the year 2020 be smooth sailing for all of you! Anyone staying up to count down to 2020? I will be in bed snoozing away.

12 comments:

  1. Speedy video is a ktv place. Sometimes i will have craving for donuts. I will be going to countdown and watch fireworks too. Hapoy new year twenty twenty to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wah, it being your year, you must go and welcome it with a countdown. thanks!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is a shop selling records, movies and DVDs.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The ala carte prices are in the twenties so this lunch set is good value for money with a quality drink.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks! Happy New Year to you ans your family too!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Tastes good too! lunch set is good value for money.

      Delete
  6. Happy 2020 to you!

    A box of assorted donuts always look way more interesting to me than a single donut of any kind.

    I tried a piece of that layer cake. Quite nice, fragrant. But expensive as the smallest block was rm36.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I find the price is quite high too. I will buy the donuts again as the promo is still available.

      Delete