Wednesday, January 1, 2020

BoBui Pan Mee

Happy New Year 2020! All the best wishes to everyone for the year 2020!

In another 25 days, it will be CNY so the CNY packets are out now with the above 3 designs and words:

秀水丰收
Xiùshuǐ fēngshōu
"Water is wealth. Use it wisely."

喜从天降
Xǐcóngtiānjiàng
"Clean air means good health. Let's keep it clean."

大地回春
Dàdì huíchūn
"Earth is precious. Let's protect it."

The 8 CNY packets are stored in this big red packet. All packets are printed on environmentally friendly paper. There are 3 pieces of the red colour packet each and 2 pieces of the pink colour packet.

*** BoBui Pan Mee, Desa Petaling ***

 A bowl of hand-torn pan mee, 2 drinks and 1 bowl of 5 sui gao (dumplings) at a total of MYR 16.80 nett. Not sure of the breakdown but the bowl of 5 sui gao costs MYR 7.50 nett. We won't order the dumplings again because I feel that the pork fillings have a taste that is almost similar to century eggs but not as pleasant as the fragrance of century eggs.

We also sat at one of the table located in the walkway because it is too hot in the shop.

BoBui Pan Mee at Desa Petaling.

16 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I like the 'water is wealth' saying. So true! Sorry to read that the dumplings were disappointing. They looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sui gao and I miss a delicious hand torn pan mee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you can cook a delicious bowl of hand torn pan mee.

      Delete
  3. I like all the three designs and words. Very meaningful and appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they would be happy that you like the designs and words.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful ang pao packets! We have OCBC here but I do not have an account there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and yes, a very Happy 2020 to you!

      Delete
    2. my friend gave me these cny packets.

      Delete
    3. Thank you. Happy 2020 to you and your family too!

      Delete
  5. Your ang pow packets remind me that we must now prepare for CNY! Happy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2020! in less than one month, it'll be CNY!

      Delete
  6. OCBC Bank always has nice and creative ang pow packets. I also got red packet from my hubby, but not as nice as OCBC.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy New Year to you and your family!

      Delete