Sunday, January 26, 2020

McD Salted Caramel Choc Pie

Another ang pow design.

New mcd pie.

Salted caramel chocolate pie. My friend warned me that it is very sweet but I didn't find it so because I only eat a quarter of it and share the rest with my other friends. Surprisingly, I find that this combination works. It tastes good.

Bought other items for my friends.

Non meat yee sang and two other vegetarian dishes for CNY Day 1.

Chicken satay. The marinate is very flavourful so my friends like it.

Nasi lemak fried chicken and two drinks which are decent.

Chicken cooked with red gravy of tomato taste and very, very little spiciness with plain rice. The papadum crackers saved thos dish. Chicken mushroom siew mai which gets the thumbs up from my friends.

4 dumplings sui gao which got the thumbs down because the fillings are forgettable.

A fair price to pay to eat out for brunch on CNY day 1 where the waiters get quadruple pay for working on an important public holiday. Just a note to mention that Papparich menu has fixed prices that are not increased due to CNY. These are the usual normal prices.

10 comments:

  1. Pappa Rich just opened an outlet here, full houses every day but heard complaints about the prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the angpao design. Eating out during CNY is very expensive. Chicken satay looks good. Happy CNY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. especially at restaurants without a fixed price menu. Papparich has a fixed price menu which was not updated for this cny so their prices are always this high before cny, lolx!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. the food is quite ok but the price is a bit high.

      Delete
  4. I don't dare try that McD pie. Think it'd be too sweet and I don't like so much 'goo' in a pie. (Give me taro any time hehe)

    Oh didn't realise those food were from Papparich. Good to have fixed prices when it comes to CNY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can share the pie with SE and JE so each will eat one third of the pie which won't be too sweet. I guess you seldom eat at Paparich, right?

      Delete
    2. JE and SE both don't like McD pies.

      Yeah I won't pick Paparich if I can help it.

      Delete
    3. wah, both of them are so smart not to eat mcd pies cos the pies are not healthy food.

      Delete