Wednesday, June 14, 2017

unLock Apple Soup

 We heard about this apple soup so we went to have a try. Can you spot the apple in the bowl? The soup is quite tasty, no MSG detected. The apple gives a tangy yet sweet taste to the soup.

Please click on the above photo to have a larger image. This Apple soup noodle is available as a set lunch with a free drink (Black Tea, Jasmine Green Tea, Honey, Honey Lime) and a small scoop of Vanilla or Chocolate ice cream. 

For MYR10.90 nett, we have a choice of Apple Soup and (Fish Balls or Meat Balls) with Rice, Mee Hoon (Vermicelli) or Instant Noodles. For MYR12.90 nett, the choice is Fish Balls with Meat Fillings or Bursting Meat Balls (Meat Balls with Minced Meat Fillings). I tried one bursting meat ball from my friend's bowl and found it to be delicious with the strong fragrance of sesame oil.

 
unLock Restaurant & Bar in SS2, PJ (SS2/60 Road)

16 comments:

  1. Not easy to find Apple Soup outside, it is something not common to me, is the taste of the Apple Soup sourish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a little bit sourish only. very little until you don't really notice it.

      Delete
    2. For the set, I would choose instant noodles too instead of rice or mee hoon

      Delete
    3. it appears that instant noodles is the best choice as the noodles have more body.

      Delete
  2. Apple? Interesting. Maybe I can trying cooking that some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can put apple in your maggi mee now...

    "Bursting meat balls" seem to be quite popular these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I heard of Apple Soup. I have only tried those hot dessert using apple and pear slices with red dates. I often wondered if I would get the same nutrition by just munching apples? My wife who studied Chinese medicine before, corrected me that sometimes the Apples or herbal condiments need to be cooked together to get the right chemistry results to moisturize our internal organs. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! Your wife has deep knowledge. I believe it too that some food items need to be cooked together to get the right chemistry results.

      Delete
  5. I've seen a recipe for apple soup and I thought it is so weird. Since you find it tasty, it is not so weird after all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right that it does not taste weird at all.

      Delete
  6. this must be a very refreshing soup. Do they have other alternatives such as pear or other sort of melons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a refreshing soup. No, I don't see any other alternatives on the menu.

      Delete
  7. I have cooked apple soup before and I quite like the taste. I love bursting fish balls.

    ReplyDelete