Thursday, June 22, 2017

Olive Garden

Olive Garden at Midvalley Mall offers a lunch set menu where the main dish is accompanied by salad, soup, a drink and unlimited breadsticks so 3 of us went there for our weekday lunch.

The salad for the 3 of us was served in one big bowl instead of 3 individual salad bowls. We were given 4 breadsticks in round 1 and we did not ask for refills. The breadsticks were soft instead of crunchy breadsticks so they should be called bread rolls instead.

I chose beef soup and both of my friends chose chicken soup. All 3 of us ordered the seafood pasta (prawns, scallops and mussels) at MYR24.90++ (10% service charge and 6% GST making it MYR29 nett). After eating the breadstick, salad, soup and because I wanted to eat dessert, I kept all my pasta inside my container to eat during dinner. There were many thick slices of potatoes with skin in the beef soup so I was very full from eating all the potatoes.

All 3 of us ordered Lipton iced tea without the ice cubes. Only me alone ordered an add on dolcini (mini dessert) of strawberry and white chocolate cake at MYR5.90++ (MYR6.80 nett) so I spent a total of about MYR36 for lunch and dinner.

My dolcini (Mini dessert) with white chocolate on top, layered with cream, strawberry pieces in strawberry jam and cubes of cakes. Of course it was sweet but I like the strawberry taste so it sort of makes the sweetness more bearable.

Olive Garden at Midvalley Mall. It is located next to Madam Kwan.

Our total bill for 3 is about MYR94.

The pasta which I ate for dinner on the same day. Still very tasty!

18 comments:

  1. MUUNNN! I wondered why i never visited your blog when i was in Malaysia! UGH! This is pretty cheap and also healthy! I love salad stuffs! i love this posT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the store sign! Nice font and lovely green, the olive branch, symbol of peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is an international chain from USA. they have a website which you can visit.

      Delete
  3. When the food is good and tasty, it is always a good deal.
    I seldom visit MV nowadays due to their parking problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to go early or can park at B4 the Gardens or highest parking floor in the Gardens building.

      Delete
  4. Not bad, you can stretch your lunch to dinner. I must have pasta one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long time haven't tasted pasta. The mini dessert looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it does! there are a few other types to try too.

      Delete
  6. Oh Olive Garden! I have been there but in Sacramento.. Each entre is R6.99 that comes with endless cheese bread and soup and then a main meal .. I choose spaghetti with meatballs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah it has better price in USA! i think it tastes better in USA there.

      Delete
  7. Looks good, this. Good thing you didn't tapau all the pasta and filled up on breadsticks... hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. erh but i did pack up all my pasta wor. hehehe.

      Delete
    2. What... ok ok at least you just ate the standard order and didn't ADD on the refillables.

      Delete
    3. I couldn't eat that much lah.

      Delete