Monday, July 29, 2024

WuGuYuFen Sri Petaling

On Monday 29.jul.2024, went to try out an eatery WuGuYuFen that NuxV wrote about recently.

*** 五谷渔粉 ***

五谷渔粉 aka Five Grains Bee Hoon at Sri Petaling opens at 10 am so we were there a little after 10 am so all tables are available. Found an open air parking space in front of Ginza Sushi which wasn't open yet and paid parking using HP app for 2 hours total MYR 2 nett and then walked to the eatery we wanted to go to.

I wanted to try it after reading NuxV's article:


10.52 am - I ordered 3 side dishes:
1. 6 sweet Pumpkin cakes MYR 10 nett
There are no fillings inside these pumpkin cakes. We ate one each and took 4 home.
2. Century eggs MYR 10 nett
We ate them all.
3. Seaweeds MYR 10 nett.
We ate some and took the remaining home.

10.46 am - I ordered a bowl of:
1. Signature soup pork ribs noodles MYR 22 nett for him and added fish slices MYR 6 nett
2. Golden soup with 10 sui Gao dumplings MYR 20 nett with pork cabbage fillings because they only have one type of fillings.

I asked and was told that signature soup is a bit spicy and the soup base is the same as the default soup which is not spicy at all. I forgot to ask whether the soup contains milk or not. Later he asked me to ask so I did and the reply was a little bit. As there are salty vegetables in the signature soup I couldn't taste any milk but he was not happy to hear about the little milk in the soup so he ate the pork ribs, fish, noodles but didn't drink the soup. I asked him to go drink coffee and eat more food at C plus eatery aka C+ coffee cafe nearby but it wasn't open so he went to Up to you cafe instead.

The Golden Soup is a bit sourish so I like it better than the signature soup. The sui Gao are those traditional mainland sui Gao with thick doughy skins so I like them. Will be back to try the tomato soup with sui Gao.

Like what NuzV wrote, the texture of the noodles is similar to mixian which is chewy and slippery so I find it difficult for my teeth to grasp and bite the noodles so I took most of them home.

The slices of fish taste ok, much better than Dory fish though it could be dory fish for all I know.

10.35 am - total bill MYR 78 nett. Order and pay at the counter.

11.30 am - 4 sui Gao, seaweed and noodles straight into the freezer for future days.

11.23 am - clean and tidy interior.

11.28 am - look at the ceiling light.

11.33 am - this eatery has the red signboard and is a few shops away from Ah Muk Cha Chaan Teng which we went to a few days ago:


Then I walked to join him at up to you cafe. When I was about done, a couple walked in and ordered two bowls of noodles, one each so I guess the noodles and soup are attracting customers.

Morning 44.3

*** Chilli Pan Mee Eatery ***

11.35 am - saw this notice board advert outside chilli Pan Mee Eatery. It is now providing breakfast ipoh style for breakfast - coffee, butter kaya toast and soft boiled eggs. I find that this breakfast is suddenly very popular now that almost all eateries serving breakfast are providing it now.

*** Up to You Cafe ***

11.16 am - he ordered hot white coffee MYR 5.6+ and steamed chicken rice MYR 13.9+ and he said the chicken rice is flavourful and tasty served with pickled cucumber slices but the chicken, just say that it is better to order chicken from stalls selling roast meat. I asked him to wrap up the remaining rice if he cannot eat all the rice so he did and the rice goes straight into the freezer when home.

11.39 am - my iced cham MYR 5.9+ served separately by default in mugs with up to you kopitiam branding.

11.41 am - I poured the cham into the ice and the frothy milk stayed at the top. The cham is a bit too sweet so it doesn't taste rich enough for me.

12.19 noon - total price MYR 27.95 nett.

*** His diy breakfast ***

8.03 am - 2 slices of toasts with olive grove EV spread and 2 soft boiled eggs he prepared at home. The eggs look too raw for me but he says that they are cooked. 

*** The End ***

4 comments:

  1. i went to Ah Muk CCT on last week, then on Sunday (28/7) I thought of going there again to try other things. It seems that Ah Muk officially opened on that day coz there were congratulatory bouquets at the entrance with some firecrackers debris. The staffs were busy, so i went to Wuguyufen again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, yesterday Monday I still see the flowers bouquets at ah muk when we walked past it. What did u eat at both places?

      Delete
  2. I really like those enamel mugs. Wonder if I can get it online. It would be perfect to drink butter coffee from it hee..hee... The fish soup I wonder if it is something like what is served at Fish For You, which I still have not tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, should have many enamel mugs sold online. Can check the comments to see which ones are good. I see Fish For You have a golden soup too. That is the only similar part I see. The main highlight here is the 5 grain noodles. I don't see noodles at Fish For you menu. Does it have noodles? I see rice and mantao/bao.

      Delete