Sunday, July 28, 2024

13 Dishes 12 Ringgit

On Sunday 28.jul.2024, back to the routine of chapfan no rice at Tuck Tuck Tei Taman Desa. Bought iced black coffee and 2 Sando at family mart.

*** Tuck Tuck Tei ***

10.04 am - my chapfan no rice MYR 12 nett in which I scoop a bit of 13 dishes:
1. One braised egg
2. One scoop of steamed egg 
3. 6 pieces of petai
4. Broccoli, celery, cauliflower 
5. Green beans
6. Bitter gourd
7. Brinjal
8. Two Potato wedges
9. One piece of steamed white tofu
10. One piece of soy deep fried tofu
11. 4 pieces of egg tofu
12. One piece of sweet sour deep fried tofu
13. Okra

10.04 am - his chapfan no rice MYR 10 nett with one steamed chicken thigh, yin choy, egg bitter gourd and soy knot.

Morning 44.2
Next morning 44.3

*** Sing Kee kitchen ***

11.01 am - he bought takeaway a mixture of sausage, steamed chicken and siew yuk MYR 20 nett and they gave him 3 different sauces.

*** Iced long coffee ***

11.01 am - bought one cup of iced long black coffee MYR 5.90 nett, chocolate cherries sando MYR 6.80 nett expiry date 29jul2024 and strawberry sando MYR 7.80 nett expiry date 30jul2024. Total MYR 20.60 nett.

He ate a bit of each by putting cinnamon powder on the chocolate cherries sando and by putting pure erythritol crystalline powder non-gmo on the strawberry sando. He says he prefers the strawberry sando because the strawberry is sourish.

I have a theory that the 3rd time won't be so tasty and it was true in this case. I think maybe I am influenced by my theory.

Here is a tale:
I was given a cup of iced latte MYR 6.90 nett so I said I ordered and paid for a cup of iced long black coffee MYR 5.90 nett and I didn't accept the latte. The girl said sorry it turned into latte because she went to collect payment from the customer in the queue and the coffee machine continued to put in milk so she poured the latte into the sink and prepared a new cup of drink: the iced long black coffee for me. I wonder is that the procedure by the company to pour and dispose the latte into the sink.

*** The End ***

8 comments:

  1. your chapfan plate is like a buffet feast with a variety of dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, u reminded me that I have not been to a buffet for many years now.

      Delete
    2. btw, there is a new chapfan shop 'Ho Jiak mixed rice' opened last week, nearby December BKT in SP. Maybe u can give it a try.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for this info. Will go eat when got chance.

      Delete
  2. Guess not much option with a wrong drink unless next customer wants it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little bit of everything should make for a nice meal. I remember reading somewhere that a foreigner did that at a chap fan stall and the vendor was not happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, many vendors don't like it and they will charge me 2 ringgit for every dish I scoop from, no matter the amount so the price would be 26 ringgit. I know tuck tuck tei chapfan is the only stall I know so far that is ok with this.

      Delete