Friday, August 6, 2021

Nangka Rendang

On Friday 6.aug.21, we went out to deliver frozen food to my friends through the gate.

*** Kleptokrat Cafe - Thursday 5.aug.21 ***

2.47 pm - Dry Lontong Nangka aka Jackfruit rendang.

Close up - nangka aka Jackfruit rendang. The jackfruit takes on the taste of the rendang so it is flavourful and delicious. Some parts are a bit fibrous but soft enough to be easily chewed.

Peanut sauce in the round tub and sambal on the right for this dry Lontong meal.

Nasi Lemak Beef Rendang. The rice is at the bottom of the leaf in the same container. The beef rendang is very tasty and rich in taste. Not that spicy so I can eat it.

I scoop half the rice out and put it into a small bowl to keep for another day. The rice is rich in coconut milk and herbs.

There is a cover and sticker to prevent the cover from opening accidentally.

I prefer this big round cardboard container used for the nasi Lemak.

2.22 pm - received in a nice brown paper bag.

Ordered using this website which charges MYR 1 as the website fee:

https://app.theother.kitchen/kafekleptokrat

The booking fee doesn't appear in the receipt from the eatery. This cafe is located in kl town center.

It is very good that they have vegan dishes as above.

Can also waps the above hp number to place your orders.

8 comments:

  1. Food looks good but got charged booking fee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that website charges MYR 1 as booking fees. This fee is not charged by the cafe so ok la.

      Delete
  2. I have not tasted Nangka rendang before. I wonder how it taste like. The nasi lemak looks nice and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nangka Rendang does not have any nangka taste because they use very young nangka I believe. The texture is thick and meaty but soft enough and the taste is the rendang mix santan rich taste. The nasi Lemak is tasty.

      Delete
  3. I am quite interested in the nangka rendang which I first saw on Picha Eats menu. I love nangka as it is and with rendang sauce I think it will be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, picha eats also has nangka Rendang? Let me check it out on grabfood and if deliver to my place, will buy to eat and compare with this one. Thanks for highlighting it! 👍😊

      Delete
  4. Nangka rendang hmmm. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a very good rendang for vegans.

      Delete