Friday, August 2, 2019

WG Spicy Nasi Lemak

It seems that this is a new eatery in Jaya One Mall located on the same level as Ah Ma Kitchen and Little Sand Kitchen.

Spicy Nasi Lemak Whole Chicken Leg at MYR 14.90 nett. My friend cannot identify the taste of the 3 different coloured rice and she feels that the chicken leg is on the dry side but says the sambal tastes good.

Assam Fish Rice at MYR 9.90 nett. There are a lot of bones in the fish (kembong) so have to be very careful when eating it.

Dry curry kway teow at MYR 8.80 nett. My friend says that there is not enough curry gravy and there are cardamoms in the curry which is very spicy. I like the look of the thick and broad kway teow but my friend does not. She prefers those thin and slippery smooth kway teow.

My order: Assam Laksa with Mee Hoon at MYR 7.90 nett. It was spicy, a little too spicy for me so I had to take all of it home for my family after eating 5 mouthfuls only.

Total price for 5 pax is MYR 49.40 nett so it is less than MYR 10 nett per pax. All of us did not order any drinks.

Spicy Nasi Lemak eatery.

The chinese name for this eatery sounds not that nice because it is "La Si Ni Ma" which means literally "La = spicy", "Si = die", "Ni = your". "Ma = mother" (Spicy until your mother dies). I wonder whose bright idea is that to name the eatery with such a phrase.

12 comments:

  1. LOL!!! (Spicy until your mother dies.)

    The chicken leg does look dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I eat them, either I cannot finish or I need to order cold drink if not it will be too spicy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So spicy! I probably would love it then. Yes, the chicken looks all wrinkled up. The blue rice is probably blue pea flower (bunga telang), the yellow kunyit (turmeric), dunno the pink...maybe strawberry. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha cannot be strawberry, maybe rose sirup, hahahaha.

      Delete
  4. I had nasi lemak bungkus for breakfast today.

    Your post today is all spicy and flavorful. Hehehe. I would like the assam fish since I don't get to eat that often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a name for an eatery! Lol! Easy to remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a negative name huh. Like cursing people's mothers.

    Food looks allright but maybe up to individual tastes.

    ReplyDelete