Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Tong Yat Sum

A half eaten bowl of mini tong yun in ginger sweet soup at MYR 8.70 nett. My friends wanted the normal sized glutinous rice balls with fillings in ginger sweet soup but I ordered the wrong one for them.

Tong Yat Sum is a play on words. Tong is sugar and sounds like together. Yat Sum is one heart. So this sweet soup (Tong Sui) eatery has a name that could mean Together with one heart or Sugar one heart.

The kiosk at the top floor of Midvalley Mall, same floor as Mr DIY.

The seats/ open dining area is opposite the kiosk. Don't think I will eat here again as for this price, I could almost eat a slice of cake at SR.

14 comments:

  1. I would want the small ones. I find these balls hard to swallow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kinda overpriced for a bowl of tong yuen....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer smaller ones. If big, then I like those with filling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. normally big ones sold in eateries have fillings.

      Delete
  4. Ah! Now I remember I saw this Satu kiosk at 1-Utama. Tong sui is not quite my thing, so I don't think I would try anything from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go 1u look for this kiosk because I don't know where it is.

      Delete
  5. This is really overpriced for the simple flour-based balls. I prefer to buy the frozen ones from supermarket to boil. So cheap and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer those with filling inside too. And agree on the over-pricing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the high price, I wonder will people return for more. I won't but on weekends the seats are fully occupied.

      Delete