Thursday, January 24, 2019

3Q Biscuit

Two biscuits from Original Cake Shop at MYR 4.90 nett each.
I noticed this promotion buy 5 get 1 free and every time I ask the Original Cake branch at Midvalley Mall, they tell me that these biscuits are sold out so when the One Utama branch replied that they are available, I quickly bought 5 to get 1 biscuit free.

There are two types: Sun biscuit and 3Q biscuit. The 3Q biscuit has red bean, mochi and salted egg yolk as its fillings and is covered by sesame seeds. For this promotion, we can choose any amount of the two types as long as the total adds up to 5 and the free biscuit can be any of the two types too.

So I selected 4 3Q biscuits and 2 Sun Cake at MYR 4.90 nett with one being free so the total is MYR 24.50 nett.

Due to the mochi fillings, this biscuit is a bit chewy. The red bean is sweet and the salted egg yolk is slightly salty. Unfortunately some of the sesame seeds have an off-taste.

As for the Sun biscuit, it tastes strongly of milk so if you like the taste of milk powder, then this biscuit is for you. As I am not too fond of the taste of milk powder I won't be buying this biscuit again.

21 comments:

  1. interesting.
    I must try them one day lah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 3q ones are commonly sold in taiwan but not here.

      Delete
  2. Perhaps the milky one will be pick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will like the Sun Biscuit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will like the one with mochi filling except that you mentioned the sesame seeds had an off taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One piece does not have that off taste so I guess it depends on your luck.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I agree with you, too butterish or too much milk in the Sunflower biscuit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. If not for the off taste sesame seeds, the 3Q biscuits would be good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. This 3q biscuits are commonly sold in taiwan so can try them in taiwan.

      Delete
  7. Hmm not quite my taste. Will save my stomach for other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You prefer savoury snacks.

      Delete
    2. Plus you mention off-taste sesame seeds and strong milk flavour. I'm also sensitive to those.

      Delete