Sunday, September 8, 2019

WG Yasai Omu Curry Rice

Lunch on a Friday: Sushi Zanmai (my default conveyor belt sushi eatery) at Starling Mall.


Yasai Omu Curry Rice at MYR 19.80 nett (inclusive of 6% SST). Yasai (野菜) means vegetable so there are potatoes, pumpkin, okra and carrots in this meal. Omurice refers to rice wrapped in an omelette. My friend says this dish is tasty and I guess the Curry is on the sweet side since my friend does not take spicy food.

This Yasai Omu Curry Rice is available until 12 Sep 2019 since it is on the special monthly menu for Sep 2019.

As I was quite hungry, I took this white plate of tamago sushi (MYR 2.8 nett) from the conveyor belt while waiting for my main meal.

Almost every time I go to Sushi Zanmai, I will order this dish - a small portion of soba with tempura (prawn, brinjal, okra) at MYR 14.80 nett but I think I will need to find another dish to order as I find the tempura to be too oily for me this time.

Total bill for 2 pax is MYR 37.40 nett where MYR 17.60 nett is my portion.


Lunch on a Thursday: Beans and Yogurt at Taman Connaught.

We last visited Beans and Yogurt in May 2019 (4 months ago) so they are still using the same set meal menu. This time I ordered what my friend had last time - Hainanese Fish Fillet Rice at MYR 16 nett from the All Day Long Lunch set menu that includes a cup of Honey Lemon drink (cold for me and hot for my friend) and one piece of Penang Lobak (some places call it Ngor Hiong). I kept half the meal for another day. My friend likes the fish but it was dory fish so I find the meat kind of translucent looking and slippery so I will not order it again next time. Better to stick to the pork loin chop rice at MYR 11 nett that I had the previous time.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hhmmm,maybe you will like vegetarian pork loin too.

      Delete
  2. I find rice wrapped in omelette geli, is that only me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nasi pattaya is rice wrapped in omelette and it is very tasty, not geli.

      Delete
  3. They have this franchise in Kuching but no, I would much sooner go and enjoy all the local delights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but Melissa would like it. Can't be eating kampua mee for every meals.

      Delete
  4. There's always a queue at Sushi Zanmai, I don't have the patience to wait heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The branch at One Utama is very, very popular that even I don't go queue there because lazy to wait.

      Delete