Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Kampong Kravers Atria

I have seen this eatery, Kampong Kravers in IOI City Mall, if I am not mistaken but it is not as big as this branch in Atria I believe.

I thought they sell curry puffs only but here, they have lunch and dinner set meals.

I wanted to try their lamb masala curry puffs at about MYR 3 each because they are not ubiquitous.

In the end, I just bought one curry chicken puff for MYR 1.90+ (6% SST, MYR 2 nett).

Just one curry puff sitting in a brown paper bag.

Lots of curry potatoes in the fillings and I did not detect any chicken meat. Perhaps I need to scrutinize the fillings to find it. Puff layered pastry instead of short crust pastry. I will be back to try the lamb masala curry puff since Old Chang Kee does not sell mutton curry puffs anymore.

16 comments:

  1. I have not tried lamb curry puffs before, so it would be interesting to try it to find out about the taste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of Old Chang Kee, deep fried not baked. I don't mind more potatoes, hardly any trace of the meat - most are like that here but the pastry of this one does not look really flaky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am not mistaken, curry puffs are often deep fried rather than baked but I may be wrong. It got a bit wet from being in the paper bag for too long so it may not look that flaky.

      Delete
  3. That curry puff looked big and delicious but no chicken meat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no chicken meat??? then I would just stick to Old Chang Kee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe there are but I just did not detect it.

      Delete
  5. I love curry puffs. Probably the meat pieces not evenly distributed and so happened that the one you bought has no meat in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the lamb filling has significant lamb and not just traces of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will only know if I buy it and test it the next time that I am there.

      Delete
  7. I've seen them but haven't tried eating at their outlet yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheh I thought this was going to be a full-blown review. Only get ONE curry puff at the end. :p :p

    Lamb masala curry puff sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, sorry sorry to make you feel cheated reading this, hehehehe. ;p

      Delete