Thursday, July 21, 2016

There again

I like to eat the nasi lemak so much that we went back to Tea Garden the next day to try the Nasi Lemak Mutton Rendang (Coconut Milk Rice) at MYR12.60 nett. There are many pieces of tender mutton and lots of rice so we were very satisfied with this dish so we will definitely be back for it.

The Hainanese Milk Tea has a very strong milky taste to it. We had it with ice so the price is MYR4.30 nett.

We wanted to try the stir fried mee siam (dry) but it was not available so we settled for Nyonya Mee Siam at MYR7.90 nett and were pleasantly surprise at how tasty it was with a sourish broth of slightly creamy (coconut milk) curry. There are two prawns and one whole hard boiled egg to go with the rice vermicelli (mee hoon). I would definitely order this again.

A fulfilling meal at a total price of MYR24.80 for two persons.

Colours
This can be considered another post. After reading the post about colouring books on "Eat what, Eat where?" blog yesterday, I suddenly remember that I had been meaning to talk about this recent "colouring away your stress" activity for grown ups.

I came to know about this activity from Kuchingnite fb posts since her daughter is very good at drawing and colouring. Then I saw the expensive colouring books in the bookstores but unfortunately I did not have any spare cash to buy them since they are over MYR70 per book so I did the next best thing that I could do.

I dug out my two old boxes of (48 colours each) colour pencils for children from the store room and started using them since they are still in working condition after many years and here are the results. No need to pay anything and yet can take away my stress.

I just let it go and simply colour away on blank pieces of paper. If like me, you think those books are expensive and you would like to colour too, just do what I did. Go find your old colour pencils, get a piece of blank paper and just colour away. Anything goes and you may be surprised at the results.

28 comments:

  1. So you tried the mutton rendang nasi lemak this round, looks good and must be nice since you said the mutton are tender

    The mee siam looks good too

    I like the bottom two art pieces the most, they are very nice!

    I must say you are very artistic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you go to JB often, you can go and eat at this Tea garden place. Thanks! I see that you like the flowery ones more than the geometric ones.

      Delete
  2. The mutton looks good but I still don't like how they fry the egg, the look. I love nyonya mee siam! Used to enjoy that in Singapore. I sure would love to try the one here, see any good or not. The Prima Taste do-it-yourself mee siam kit is very good, I loved it...but one box is almost RM20 here now, guess it is around SGD6.00 there:
    https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/as-good-as-it-gets/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RM20 is quite expensive since we still need to cook it. I rather just eat out at a lower price.

      Delete
  3. I almost don't even remember what colour pencil is, let alone still having them in store somewhere. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But..but..but..you joined many colouring contests when young so the muscle memory would still be in there somewhere. Time for them to come out again.

      Delete
  4. Wah, freestyle...even more creative! But I need structure, so I need Johanna Basford's pre-drawn designs....kekeke! ;D I think her earlier books are cheaper now...around RM50+. But if you need to de-stress by colouring away, without spending any money, why not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some of her books with chinese words on them at around MYR50.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I think her books have been translated to many languages (except the drawings lah). I saw one in BM too but I think I saw her original first book selling for around RM56.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the info but I would rather spend MYR 56 on avocadoes, hehehehe. :)

      Delete
  5. The nasi lemak that good, huh? Wah! Your art pieces are very colorful. You still kept your old color pencils. I know I bought a set quite a long time ago but I don't thinks it is in my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I find the nasi lemak very tasty especially the mutton rendang. For the pieces, the requirement that I set for myself is to use all 96 colour pencils in one piece so that is why they are colourful. Your colour pencils are in your parents' house?

      Delete
  6. I am drooling over the nasi lemak and Nyonya mee Siam. Must be very good since you went back again. You are very artistic. I think I still have some colour pensils around but I have not drawn or colour for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will go back again soon. Thanks, I need to draw more because I am rusty after not drawing for a long time. You can start drawing again if you find your colour pencils.

      Delete
  7. both the nasi lemak and nyonya mee siam looks good...now I got idea on what to order there next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a coincidence, Mun! I went to Tea Garden this morning here in JB.. I like their food there.. desserts, pastries and curry.. Yes, I tried their nasi lemak before, the one with the fried drumstick is also nice..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what a coincidence. I read about your visit and will order what you ordered on my next visit.

      Delete
  9. That is very colourful art. Did not know you good with art. ^^

    Those colouring books could be expensive. We just hunt and buy the cheaper type, at local bookstore.

    Nasi lemak! My all-time favourite. I never try Nyonya Mee Siam before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colourful because I set my own requirement to use up all 96 colours in one piece. I saw some of the books at 50% discount at a bookstore today but I did not buy any. Nyonya mee siam is tasty, can try next time you see it on the menu.

      Delete
  10. Ooooooooh, I wanna dig into that plate of mee siam, dear! Yummy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love nasi lemak too! Especially those wrap with banana leaf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those wrapped with banana leaf most often has the sambal mixed with most of the rice so it is too spicy for me as I usually takes only a tiny bit of the sambal only.

      Delete
  12. So you have a hidden talent! Those colouring books are much cheaper online than from mainstream bookshops. Just saying. Your way is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I rather keep my money to buy more food, hahahaha, glutton I am. :)

      Delete
  13. This Mee Siam looks different from the dry ones I have been eating. I have yet to try Mutton Rendang with Nasi Lemak as I often see only chicken or beef being served.

    Your colouring is good and I could see your keen sense of good colour combinations being expressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to eat the dry mee siam too but it was not available so eat this wet ones instead. Seldom can find mutton nasi lemak so when I see it, I must order it, hehehe.

      Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete