Saturday, July 30, 2016

12 not 24


10 Portuguese egg tarts. The colour of this photo has too much red to it.

A big thank you to NuxV who wrote about this good deal. Since I have not eaten Portuguese egg tarts for a few years, I went for it. King's bakery is having this promotion from 3.30pm to 4.30pm daily - 10 Portuguese egg tarts for MYR12 nett. The price of one Portuguese egg tart is MYR2.40 so this promotion gives a 50% discount but you need to buy 10 tarts and so I did. I shared them with my siblings who took one to share among them because they are on diet so I had to eat one daily until they are all gone.

The layered puff pastry is thick and a bit salty without any buttery taste. The egg custard is not overly sweet, is thick and has a strong egg taste. My spouse says that the egg custard has a milky taste (which I couldn't detect) to it so he won't eat it as he can't stand that milky taste. Since I didn't want to eat so many tarts on my own over a few days, I requested him to eat the pastry (crust) and leave the custard to me which he did. I would have to say that the egg tarts taste good for this price.

I bought them at the King's Bakery outlet in Sri Petaling. I guess this promotion would be available at the other outlets too. I did not notice any end date to this promotion.

14 comments:

  1. That's a good deal. I would want to buy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am not on diet like your siblings, I would have walloped 3 of these tarts at one go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good deal, I can eat 3 or more of these tarts at one go because these tarts are not very filling

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be tempted to go for the promotion too. Good thing it is not in Ipoh because I am trying to cut down my weight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Portugese egg tarts. Just happened I bought few this afternoon to satisfy my craving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh... the nearest King's to me is on the mainland unfortunately. The ones in Tesco Jelutong and Sg Dua are gone long ago. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are back in Penang? You can buy and share with your colleagues but not eat them all yourself.

      Delete
  7. I caught the last promotion. Had to eat all by myself. Never again! (OK la must never say never)

    I froze some but they weren't so nice once thawed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, same as me. I also had to eat almost all of them, one a day. I didn't freeze them. Just put intothe fridge for about two weeks. Taste fine to me.

      Delete