Friday, July 15, 2016

Restoran Formosa

Someone wrote on her blog that there is a restaurant in Kuchai Entrepreneur Park that sells authentic Taiwanese food that is better than Fong Lye so we went to have a try.

Braised Pork Rice - MYR6.90++ (MYR7.68 nett) and Salted Vege Pork Stomach Soup - MYR12++ (MYR13.36 nett).

Braised pork rice with salted vegetable. The braised pork was all chopped up and has some fatty bits.

The salted vegetable in this soup is too salty so we left some behind.

 Pork with Leeks dumplings (8 in a serving) - MYR9.90++ (MYR13.36 nett). This dish is the main reason I came here.

Lots of leeks in the filling so it is all good but the skin is too thin. I prefer them to be thicker so I am not going to order them again.

Interior. The website is formosataiwan.com.my

Exterior

Spot the Taiwan Island.

Total bill: MYR32.05 nett after applying 5% service charge and 6% GST.

16 comments:

  1. So in your opinion Fong Lye is still better right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to order dishes like san bei chicken in order to compare but I did not so I cannot compare.

      Delete
  2. I see intestines!!! Yum yum! Nice choice of name, Formosa - the old name for Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think only stomach (tripe) no intestines.

      Delete
  3. Fong Lye is not cheap but the food is always good. The long queues still happen at Gardens.

    Whenever I see anything blogs sharing Taiwanese food, I would make an effort to go and try. I realised that I have reluctance to eat at those real China's restaurants that have sprouted around Klang Valley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been almost ten years since the last time I ate at Fong Lye.

      Delete
  4. When I saw those dumplings, I immediately thought about the thickness of the skin and if it was to your liking. Apparently not hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, was it better than Fong Lye? I've tried Fong Lye many years ago and I remembered the food to be good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not try the signature taiwan food like san bei chicken so I cannot compare.

      Delete
  6. Is the salted veg pork stomach soup appetizing? I am attracted by it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salty vegetable should be appetizing to let you eat lots of rice, I guess.

      Delete
  7. Eh my comment is missing? I thought I left a comment yesterday. What was it, hmm... did I mention about how your blog post is kind of open ended sometimes? Like "Someone wrote ... better than Fong Lye so we went to have a try". So, how? Was it better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't find your missing comment in the comment spam folder but I found your angry bird comment there so I published that instead. I went there to try the sui gao/dumplings. Although someone said that it is better than Fong Lye, I did not got to verify this opinion because I have not eaten at Fong Lye for more than ten years I think so I really have no idea how the food is like at Fong Lye now so how to compare.

      Delete
  8. The dumpling skin looks fine to me... ok la not thick enough for you. I'm not keen on that much leek though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are other types of fillings for the dumpling with more meat and less vege. :)

      Delete