Monday, July 4, 2016

Casual Dining

Herbal Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis) Duck Mi Suah - MYR13.80++ (MYR16.10 nett). There were only 3 pieces of duck with meat on bones. Taste is acceptable but too little duck meat.

Braised pork ribs with peanuts - MYR8.80++ (MYR10.25 nett). The texture of the rice is almost like Japanese rice - firm yet soft enough, the grains stick together yet each grain is still keeping its shape individually so it is very tasty. The menu says it is Calrose rice.

This eatery is located at Kuchai Entrepreneur Park, Jalan Kuchai Maju 9 with the name "来来红烧牛肉面" in chinese and "Lai Lai Casual Dining" in english. It is from Singapore and has some value-for-money sets that included drinks in the set but we ordered ala carte instead without ordering any drinks so the price seems to be on the higher end for the amount of food we get.

Their name card.

Address of the outlets.

Update: 11 March 2018. The shop above is no longer operating in the above location. It has been replaced by a Nasi Kandar eatery as shown below.


26 comments:

  1. The mee suah soup looks good, I always can't get enough of mee suah even if I'm cooking it at home.. Macam tak cukup.. If the mee suah is soft, can just "swallow" down the throat, no need chew, haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Sometimes I just swallow the mee suah without chewing, hehehe.

      Delete
  2. Duck? I love that in our pek ting eyok (eight treasures) herbal soup...and mee sua. They do not serve that with duck outside, either chicken or pork leg and my missus does not eat duck, end of story. Tragic! Sobsssss!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so sad you can't buy a roast duck to share with your wife.

      Delete
  3. What's with all these eateries from Singapore lately? Is it becoming a trend in KL these days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it started way, way back in 1990s when Crystal Jade from Singapore was in Lot 10 (no longer there).

      Delete
  4. I think calrose rice is Japanese rice. I've bought it once to make sushi but failed big time. In the end I just finished what's left of the rice by using it as plain white rice...the texture is very nice (but expensive).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wiki has a lot of info on Calrose rice. Said it originated from California and the Cal means California. I guess you can read more from wiki if you are interested. I feel the texture is similar to Japanese rice too.

      Delete
  5. The dang gui noodles look very interesting! Have a lovely week, babe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both the dishes especially the pork ribs rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to eat both to be full, hehehehe. :)

      Delete
  7. I love eating duck mee sua! I just like the soup and the noodles though, I don't think meat like these tastes nice (coz it's too dry) so I probably won't mind too little duck. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This duck I think is very thin so the meat is dry.

      Delete
  8. Both looks good to me... and it would be complete with a plate of greens! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not going to pay more to order greens. Can eat greens at home, hehehe.

      Delete
  9. Both looks yummy to me! What is the yellow thing on the rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yellow thing is pickled something, maybe pickled daikon.

      Delete
  10. that 'pai kuat' rice looks awesome! I dun mind getting another plate of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may need to get another plate of it to be full since the portion is not big.

      Delete
  11. I will like to try the Duck Mi Suah, have not try this outlet before as I thought they only serve beef and I don't eat beef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On second thought, I think the pork ribs rice would taste good too

      Delete
    2. Maybe you can try the non-beef dishes and write about them in your blog.

      Delete
    3. I guess you know how to get to their shop from the address above.

      Delete