Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pie

I was around Damansara Uptown area and remembered reading reviews about a new eatery, "A Pie Thing" that has just opened here end of May this year. Since I could not eat a pie on my own, I went for a takeaway.

This place does not serve pork so the shortcrust pastry uses only butter and no lard. When home, I ate a quarter of each pie and shared the rest with my family. I even kept half of the spinach pie in the fridge and ate it cold the next morning and the pastry still tastes good.

If you like to eat buttery shortcrust pastry and would like to try these pies, do search out the many reviews online - same good, some not so good and read them to decide beforehand whether or not you will like to eat these pies. They do serve sweet open faced pies too for those with a sweet tooth.

Address: 128G, Jln SS21/35, Damansara Utama, PJ, close on Monday, (Tue to Sun) open from 4pm till sold out.

Bought 3 savoury pies. I did not buy any sweet pies though I was tempted to.

This is to show the size of the pie.

Chunky Steak Pie (MYR11.90 on its own) with Mashed Potatoes, Mushy Peas and Gravy (not shown) - MYR16.90 (named The Mashacre). If you are eating in, the presentation of The Mashacre is different - it does not look like my photo above. The beef is tender enough so thumbs up.

Pulled Lamb Pie - MYR11.90 - the lamb is also tender enough and the flavour is just nice, not overpowering so thumbs up too.

Creamy Spinach Pie - MYR11.90 - with tomatoes in the fillings. Very creamy and a bit on the salty side. I will be back to try the other savoury and sweet pies if I happen to be in the area in the evening.

12 comments:

  1. OMG I love your creamy spinach pie and steak pie.. I prefer savoury pies, more hoi wai.. haha.. But quite pricy hor..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Princess Ribbon, you are the earliest as usual. :) I think the price is ok since they use real butter and the meat inside the pies are a lot.

      Delete
  2. wah.. looks so high class with the packaging macam shoe boxes, haha.. can keep those boxes or not ah?? and whowah!! that chunky pie really huge when stacked up with potatoes and peas!! and inside the pie also very loaded.. so nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can keep the boxes as they are quite sturdy.

      Delete
  3. Here, we have Don Pie, in which i didn't eat for a long time liao...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah, so much ingredients inside a pie, look so delicious as the usual one I've is very plain, just have simple ingredients only lo!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like to eat shortcrust pastry or puff pastry for pies?

      Delete
  5. I wanna eat that pulled lamb pie! Of course with lard, the pies would taste nicer. But in the name of halal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do not have halal certification yet. Just a pork free place.

      Delete
  6. Wow, I love pie, those you shared looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are in klang valley and are around that area at that time can go and try them out.

      Delete