Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fruit Free Clusters

I was at Presto Supermarket, Citta Mall a few months ago looking around and this "buy one get one free" offer caught my eye. Two boxes of "Food For Health - Fruit Free Clusters with chia" for MYR26.99 only (475g nett - each box).

This fruit free clusters health food is created by an Australian for people with gluten and fructose intolerance (made in Australia too). One can eat this with milk (hot or cold) or add to yoghurt or just eat the clusters as a healthy snack.

 Front

Back

The clusters

Close-up:  (ingredients copied from the list on the box) Buckwheat, Puffed Rice, Sunflower Seeds, Organic Raw Sugar, Rice Bran Syrup, Almonds, Hazelnuts, Pecans, Pumpkin Seeds, Puffed Millet, Psyllium Husks, Chia Seed, Flaxseed, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavour, Cinnamon.

I like the taste of cinnamon in general but somehow I do not quite like the overall sweet taste of this clusters (on the box, it says "The clusters have a scrumptious nutty cinnamon flavour...." but I just couldn't bring myself to like the taste). I took a few months to finish eating them. I don't think I will buy it again as I prefer the bland taste of plain oats to this.

20 comments:

  1. Looks good. Gotta focus on healthy food these days, life's too precious to be stuffed with consistent unhealthy food. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on how long you plan to live.

      Delete
    2. You are absolutely right. If we are ok to go right now, we can eat whatever we like. If God permits then we can live longer even if we do not eat healthy food always.

      Delete
  2. Plain oats? Hehe, I'll give a pass, hehe!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, plain oats taste bland but I prefer bland taste to flavourful food.

      Delete
  3. I like cornflakes more. Kekeke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cornflakes I think is categotized under more processed food.

      Delete
  4. I also had been to Presto before, but I find things there are slightly expensive.. Not all items I think.. But shopping there is nice, less people, hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only been there once. You are right, the price is slightly higher and they have more variety of imported goods.

      Delete
  5. Healthy food is not always nice, right, Mun? Cinnamon has a strong fragrant, no doubt about that... my girl is buying this Fitness kind of snacks for her daily breakfast..oats with that.. and I still prefer drinking plain instant oats after my breakfast... I drink at least two mugs per day with or without meals.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I beg to differ, to me, heathly food is always nice because I conditioned my mind to tell me so. I like cinnamon taste but this so called healthy clusters also has organic raw sugar and rice bran syrup and the taste is kind of weirdly sweet for me as I prefer healthy food to have the individual food natural taste. Furthermore I don't think this clusters are really that healthy to my teeth because after chewing them, they stuck to my teeth and I have to especially brush my teeth immediately after eating them. These clusters are also categorized under mildly processed food since the rice and millet are puffed.

      Good for you for eating oats daily. Definitely will improve your lipid profile readings.

      Delete
  6. Not into this kind of stuff, never mind on offer or very cheap. Imported stuff is usually very expensive. I may pick up a thing or two when on offer as the expiry date draws near.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too - buy things on offer near expiry date. Ya like my brother says this clusters are birds' food, absolutely no no for him. Free also no.

      Delete
  7. At least you have finished them. End of problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, end of problem now. I munch a handful very night as dinner, hahaha.

      Delete
  8. Hmm, it doesn't look very yummy/appealing to me, I guess I'll also need months to finish it, :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better don't buy in the first place, ya! :)

      Delete
  9. Interesting and I will like to work with it..hahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think since you like to cook, you can use the same ingredients but tune it to a taste that you like.

      Delete