Sunday, June 5, 2022

Irvins Salted Egg Fish Skin

It was drizzing on the morning of Sunday 5.jun.22 so we only went to Taman Desa at 11 am ish.

*** Gift from Sg ***

My friend visited kl from sg and gave me a pack of the famous Irvins Salted Egg Fish Skin.

Crispy fish skin. The salted egg taste is creamy, sweet and rich. We took two days to finish eating it because it is too rich to eat all in one sitting.

7 pm - his dinner of an egg, goji, siew yuk from lunch in miso soup vit noodles. I didn't eat dinner.

1.30 pm - our half eaten lunch of:

Tuck Tuck Tei chapfan at MYR 11:
1. Small portion of rice
2. One braised egg
3. Soyknots
4. Egg tofu
5. Petai minced meat
6. Napa cabbage
7. Long beans
8. Yin choy

Tuck Tuck Tei siew yuk for one pax at MYR 10 and Sepetang nasi lemak with curry pork and tiny prawns at MYR 9 nett.

4 siew baos from Sing Kee Kitchen at MYR 2.20 each.

6 cham and 1 coffee kaw drink from Pakopi drinks truck at MYR 3.90 each.

10 comments:

  1. I have seen Irvins salted egg fish skin sold at Jaya Grocer but I have not bought any. I prefer the snack not to be sweet but the ones I have tried so far are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe majority of the salted egg snacks and desserts are sweet because of the creamy salted egg yolks and to balance the salted egg yolk salty taste.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This is sweet but can be considered savoury sweet type.

      Delete
  3. I saw this snack before but didn't buy. Worry, not to my liking. I prefer savoury snacks more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This can be considered savoury sweet type, more towards sweet but still got the salty taste at the same time.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I am not sure how much it is sold here. Around MYR 19.90 maybe lower if got discount.

      Delete
  5. Yep very expensive. I happen to have a pack of this at home courtesy of Singaporean relatives. Must eat it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better eat it soon before it Masuk angin.

      Delete