Friday, June 3, 2022

Sunny Food Republic Sri Petaling

On Friday 3.jun.22, went out to pick up food ordered via wataps from Sunny Food Republic Coffee Shop in Sri Petaling. I believe this is a new eatery.

Today is 端午节so 祝大家端午安康!Eaten any dumpling or bak Chang?

*** Sweet Red Bean Dumpling ***


Fri 27.may.22 - Kan Sui Zong aka 碱水粽 aka Jianshui Zong aka Kee Chang. The literal translation is alkaline water zong. The glutinous rice is processed with lye water so that is why the rice is yellow and has a springy texture. Lye water aka kansui aka 碱水 is a food-grade alkaline solution and sold as ready-to-use liquid in bottles. They mainly contains potassium carbonate K2CO3, a white alkaline salt that is soluble in water.

Bought 4 Kan sui zhong with red bean fillings at MYR 3 nett each from a makeshift stand outside a grocery convenient shop near Swee Hing coffee shop. I need to take note of the name of this shop next time.

The yellow glutinous rice is soft yet springy and translucent. Very nice texture.

The red bean fillings when eaten together with the yellow glutinous rice is very tasty.

*** Friday 3.jun.22 ***

There are many individual stalls in this coffee shop. I wataps a hp number I found online for this shop to place my order and transferred payment via TnG to another hp number so that they could pay the individual stalls on my behalf. Then went to pickup the order.

11.20 am - this is cham lor mihun yellow mee, a mix of prawn Mee gravy and loh Mee gravy. The stall put both types of gravy into one bag so we don't have to mix them ourselves. The loh Mee gravy is on the sweet side. The prawn Mee gravy is slightly spicy. Best of both worlds. A flavourful noodles. There are slices of pork with thick QQ braised skin in this noodle. Price is MYR 9 nett.

11.27 am - char kway teow mix yellow mee. We requested for non spicy so without spiciness the ckt tastes a bit too salty. Price is MYR 9 nett too. It has cubes of pork lard, cockles, prawns, chives and eggs in it. Bought an iced coffee mix tea drink at MYR 3.5 nett.

There are many different stalls so will be back to buy the food from them to try as takeaway next time.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Dumpling Festival!! I am not a fan of kee chang. Other meat chang, I don't mind.

    Oh, the char kway teow mix sounds good but I wouldn't enjoy it if too salty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Kee Chang with red bean fillings is nice. Maybe the ckt won't taste too salty to you.

      Delete
  2. Bak changs are available year round these days. However just when I'd decided to get one, since it was the festival, not a single chang was seen in the market today haha. Possibly it was due to the rain this morning so half the stalls weren't open. Comforted myself that I can easily get one another time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, just think on the bright side, can buy them on any day you like.

      Delete
  3. A friend gave me 2 bak chang and they are still in the fridge. We have been eating bak chang throughout the years because it is easily available these days. No need to wait for festival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savoury ones yes can get throughout the year. How about Kee Chang with red bean fillings?

      Delete
  4. I haven't eat any bak chang yet. Will get some on normal days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or else just eat lo Mai kai or lotus leaf glutinous rice. Almost the same but not the same.

      Delete
  5. Nowadays they make healthy bah chang using millets instead of glutinous rice, some don't like it but for me, I don't mind having millets instead... at my age, it is easier to digest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried millet bak Chang and I am ok with them but won't go out of my way to buy them.

      Delete