Thursday, June 16, 2022

Buttermilk Prawns

On Thursday 16.jun.22, he and kid 1 accompany the elderly to the regular eyes checkup at the public hospital from 8.30 am to 1 pm so ordered 3 shopeefood deliveries.

*** Tastylicious Dim Sum ***

Wed 15.jun.22 2 pm - ordered buttermilk prawns for the Elderlies before but I don't know what it tastes like so I ordered it to try knowing that he wouldn't be able to eat it due to the buttermilk. The taste is melted butter and it also has a bit of salted egg yolk taste which I guess they did add salted egg yolk to it. There are 10 prawns so I ate them in two days. When the gravy solidified in the fridge, the texture is smooth like white chocolate and tastes like butter chocolate so I ate them cold in the solid form. As this dish has quite high fat content I won't order it again for myself and also not for the Elderlies. The curry leaves and red chilli help to break the monotonous taste of the buttermilk gravy. I guess many people would like the taste of this rich buttermilk prawns. They also have buttermilk curry prawns where they add curry to this buttermilk prawns. Have you tried buttermilk prawns?

Also bought egg tarts and salted egg yolk prawns which I have bought twice previously.

MYR 12 off in total with a pickup discount.

*** Thu 16.jun.22 ***

4.10 pm - after eating the rich buttermilk prawns and the gravy, I ordered a sour ice lime tea drink from Pin Tea with least sugar to break down the fatty food in my stomach.

Also ordered white peach oolong tea MYR 10.90 with add on pin ball aka translucent QQ jellies MYR 2.20 to reach MYR 25 to get MYR 7.50 off via shopeefood.

11.50 am - ordered 3 packs of roast chicken rice for the Elderlies and his lunch. After deducting all discounts and shopee coins, it is about MYR 6.11 per pack of chicken rice inclusive of delivery fees which is a good price.

3.40 pm - bought his Salmon curry bento dinner from Chatto with MYR 10 off and free shopee food delivery so the price is MYR 16.40 which is a good price. I ate just one cube of fried salmon and 2 pieces each of the potatoes and carrots in the curry gravy since I am still full from the buttermilk prawns.

Now I prefer to use Shopeefood than Foodpanda because Shopeefood will show the contact details of the rider after the rider has been assigned whereas Foodpanda will only do so after the rider has picked up the food so for Foodpanda we don't know whether a rider has been assigned to the order or not. Grabfood is similar to shopeefood but I have more vouchers discounts in shopeefood. I will use grabfood for eateries such as Mr. Wu eatery which I can only find in the grabfood app amongst the 3 apps.

8 comments:

  1. I like buttermilk prawns. Indeed, because of the butter, high fat content. Can't eat often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buttermilk prawns and salted egg yolk prawns. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buttermilk style can be a bit 'jelak' if eat a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete