Friday, May 27, 2022

Seller Prefers Flat Container

On Friday 27.may.22, went out to buy dry pork trotter wanton Mee at BC&S coffee shop but it is only sold on Saturday and another undetermined weekday so Saturday will need to go out again to buy it.

*** Golden Chopstick Sri Petaling ***

10.20 am - bought a new 304 stainless steel container 2800 ml so trying it out by buying economy rice with it:
1. Soy sauce potatoes slices
2. Mustard Green
3. Pumpkin
4. Okra
5. Broccoli+yellow capsicum
6. Nam Yue meat slices
7. 1 sardine fish
8. Curry potatoes + 1 piece of pork skin
9. Small portion of rice
The seller doesn't know how to calculate the price because this stall is self service so simply say MYR 20 and then regret it so I say charge more then but was asked to bring flat container next time for seller to see the dishes taken. There is no issue with Tuck Tuck Tei coffee shop because the staff scoop the dishes for customers, not self service so the staff knows what is in the container.

After hearing the seller said a flat container is preferred, bought another bento box stainless steel container with 5 compartments so can take 5 dishes but my friend says is small and suggests tiffin carrier which I have but I don't like it with containers being stacked up since I prefer to hold just one container to buy chap fan and not multi tiers containers.

Another view.

This container is deep since its capacity is 2800 ml.

Bought from shopee. After all discounts, the price is about MYR 22 each inclusive of delivery fees.

*** BC&S coffee shop ***
1. Dry char siew wanton Mee MYR 7.50

*** Frozen food grocery shop ***
1. 4 sweet red bean bak Chang MYR 3 each

*** Swee Hing coffee shop ***
1. Cold cham drink MYR 3.20
2. Siew Bao MYR 2.30
3. Egg tart MYR 2.30
4. Kaya puff MYR 2
5. Pan mi hand torn soup MYR 8
6. Pork yimi soup MYR 8

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Ya, when we take food like that, the seller gets confused especially when we take many dishes. Very hard for them to kira. Usually I take 3 dishes, so it's easier for the chap fan lady to charge. But I like your style, one big container with an assortment of dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the seller charging me more than MYR 20 and I am prepared to tell her the number of dishes I scooped but the seller kept repeating that it is very complex, too complex and asked for flat containers next time. 😓sweat. I try with bento compartmentalised container next trip and see how.

      Delete
  2. Haha... can understand the seller's confusion! It will be very difficult to estimate the quantity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to tell her what I took but she doesn't want to listen.

      Delete