Monday, March 16, 2020

WG All in One Day

 Started the day with a few mouthfuls of Chicken mee hoon in wine broth at MYR 12 nett from a neighbourhood coffee shop. The hailam char costs MYR 1.90 nett and is not mine.

 A scone from BEN grocery store which has abakery section. More savoury than sweet. One scone costs MYR 3.25 nett. My friend bought two and gave me one.

 Chocolate chip scones from BENS.

Lunch: Char siew thin noodles at MYR 10.90+ (10% service charge = MYR 11.99 nett round up to MYR 12 nett). The minced pork is too salty for me and the lard taste is very strong for this bowl of noodles. Shop is Erh Lou at PJ.

12 comments:

  1. You prefer savoury or sweet scone? I seldom eat scone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. authentic scone I believe is more to savoury but eaten with clotted cream and jam.

      Delete
  2. Is the wine broth very strong in wine taste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is strong but is not as strong as the alcohol smell in hands sanitizer.

      Delete
  3. I'd go for the char siew noodles, I wonder how strong the lard taste is. No chicken with wine soup for me - had that once in KL with mee sua, famous Jalan Alor one with all the newspaper cuttings on the stall - sweet, intoxicating, didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicken mee hoon in wine broth looks tasty. I like that it was garnished with lots of coriander leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is tasty, can taste the wine taste in the broth

      Delete
  5. I was complaining that one scone costs RM2.50 at Village Grocer's. Now the BIG's price would make me faint la.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The broth for that meehoon looks nice and thick. I like both wine and lard, but guess too much would be off-putting.

    ReplyDelete