Saturday, October 5, 2019

WG Regular Lunch

Once in a while, we would stop by Din Tai Fung at the Gardens Mall for lunch. My first choice of dish would be the Beef Noodle soup. The last time I was here, my friend and I shared a plate of shrimp fried rice and a basket of 6 Xiao Long Bao. This time, I ordered a basket of 10 Xiao Long Bao and gave 3 to my friend who ordered a bowl of plain white rice and Ginseng Chicken Soup.

Total price for 2 pax is MYR 51.75 nett.

They managed to fit all their dishes on 1 sheet of paper with 2 pages. Page 1 - please click on the above image to view the dishes.

Please click on the above image to view more dishes, desserts and drinks.

Sushi Zanmai on the other hand is a Japanese conveyor belt chain restaurant that we visit for lunch frequently. This time I decided to try a dish that I have never tried before - Ebidon (small portion) at MYR 13.80 nett. Ebi means prawn and don means rice bowl. The 3 tempura prawns taste ok and the egg has a semi runny yolk so I mix the yolk into the hot rice which has quality shoyu splashed on it. Not too bad so I may order this dish again but I only ate half the rice and gave the other half to my friend.

While waiting for the hot meals to be served, I took a pink plate from the conveyor belt - California maki at MYR 4.80 nett per plate for 2 maki.

Total bill for 4 pax is MYR 57.20 nett.

14 comments:

  1. I am visiting ichiban sushi to have my japanese food fix again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh so ichiban sushi is the place you go to for Japanese food.

      Delete
  2. Not a fan of xiao long pao as the strong ginger soup inside puts me off. Been quite a long time since we last went Japanese. Maybe we should go this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are very dainty refined xiao long bao with subtle taste so no strong ginger soup inside.

      Delete
  3. Looks like better deal at Sushi Zanmai. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been to Sushi Zanmai twice but that was long ago. Time to visit the outlet. Lol.

    Like STP, I also not a big fan of xiao long bao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the famous xlb I ate in Shanghai but I like dtf xlb so maybe you just have not reached the xlb that you like yet.

      Delete
  5. Din Tai Fung seems to have gotten expensive. I haven't been there many years already since the kids always want to go for Japanese. Have good memories of their pork chop fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh so pork chop fried rice is your favourite dish at dtf.

      Delete
    2. Yeah! But really I haven't been there often at all. And always order the same thing so no idea whether I'd like the other items!

      Delete
    3. Should try the xlb if you have not tried it.

      Delete