Sunday, April 29, 2018

McD Nasi Lemak Burger

It is about time that they have this special burger here. As I was having a cold, I asked my friend to try it out for me.

The fried boneless chicken thigh has coconut flakes in its crispy batter so we get the santan (coconut milk) taste. Apart from the chicken, there is a fried egg, slices of cucumber and onions with sambal sauce. My friend said it is worth a try but the chicken meat is too tender. 

I think they should find a way to include peanuts and anchovies in this burger. Maybe by adding a piece of crisp (keropok) which has bits of peanuts and anchovies in it. As I prefer to eat beef, I hope that they will have a Nasi Lemak Beef Rendang Burger too.

This set costs MYR 16.95 nett.

20 comments:

  1. Nasi lemak but no nasi, much less anything lemak. Everyone's going for it, it seems but from what I've seen, it looks like most prefer the regular burgers - good, they said, but not something they would want to go for again. Hope you have recovered from your cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is just a novelty because chicken and egg and cucumber in a burger is quite common but to add santan taste to it and call it nasi lemak is just for promo. still having a runny nose.

      Delete
  2. Sounds delicious! Nasi lemak but no nasi..hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon.

    Good idea on adding those anchovies and beef but to me, a burger is burger. I meant to try yesterday but the queue in McD was so long that we decided not to. Ended up eating nasi campur. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. seems like McD is still popular.

      Delete
  4. Maybe I'll give it a try soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let us know what you think of it when you do. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Has to be over right because the promo is only for a short duration.

      Delete
    2. Yes, the promo was for a short period only, I didn't get to try it

      Delete
    3. Perhaps it will be back for another promo period.

      Delete
  6. First they'll need to add NASI into it. Nasi lemak burger without the nasi, how can?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha they can make the rice into the buns like what one burger place is doing.

      Delete
  7. People say not worth the price. I plan to try it anyway lah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I wonder whether you will like it or not.

      Delete
  8. Will you try it yourself once you recover? I intend to try it just to satisfy my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete