Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Piccoli Lotti

My friend recommends this new artisanal gelato eatery (new as in it opened sometime around mid 2017) to me knowing that I like to eat not-too-sweet gelato, ice cream and sorbet.  After reading the owner's interesting story online, we visited the place.

So many flavours to choose from (those with stars are premium flavours which cost MYR 1 more per scoop): *Durian, Matcha, Pulut Tai Tai, Nangka, Arabica Brasil, Chrysanthemum with Cacao Nibs, *Pistachio. One scoop costs MYR 8 nett.

Caramel Cookie, Lychee Mint Sorbet, *Yogurt Wild Italian Strawberry, Strawberry Sorbet, *Hazelnut Stracciatella, Mango Passion Sorbet. Stracciatella is milk-based ice cream that contains fine shavings of chocolate.

Affogato and Almond Brittle, Black Sesame and Peanut, Salted Peanut, Classic Cacao, Mint Stracciatella

Waffle with 2 scoops - MYR 17.50 nett add MYR 1 nett for the pistachio premium flavour. The pistachio flavour is very rich and nice. Arabica Brasil flavour has a slight bitter coffee taste. The gelato is not that sweet and is very smooth but not slippery oily so the texture is very nice.

Waffle with 3 scoops - MYR 22 + 2 (MYR 24 nett) because of two premium flavours: Hazelnut and Yogurt Wild Italian Strawberry. The other flavour is chocolate. I like the Yogurt Wild Italian Strawberry because it is sourish so I will eat it again.

My durian cone - MYR 8 + 1 (premium flavour) + 1 (cone) so the above gelato cone costs MYR 10 nett. Next time I will go without the cone because it does not enhance the taste of the gelato.

Ignore the Pax count because I certainly was not alone.

Bright and clean environment so I will be visiting again. Unfortunately they do not open on Sundays which is my preferred day for eating gelato. They are closed on Mondays too.

They are located next to Wan Shoon coffee shop, Damansara Kim where Mr Fish used to be. I like the gelato here more than the ice cream of these two shops. The size of one scoop is bigger here too.



18 comments:

  1. I like caramel flavour, i like your photos of the waffle with ice cream, look so nice and presentable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. caramel flavour is sweeter than the rest.

      Delete
  2. I may go once in a blue moon, give my girl a treat - not into spending that kind of money on such things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it depends on how one budget one's spending. I replace my lunch with ice cream sometimes so I spend the same amount.

      Delete
  3. I like waffle with 2 scoops. 3 scoops is too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all share share and not eaten by 1 person.

      Delete
  4. This looks good! So many flavours how to choose...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can taste the flavours you are interested in before making a choice.

      Delete
    2. Oho. That's a welcome concept.

      Delete
    3. most ice cream places do this.

      Delete
  5. why no open on Sunday?!?!?!? wuuwuwuwuwuwuw ~~~~crying mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! but I guess the owner wants to spend time with his family on Sundays.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! I must drop by one day and try the gelato!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you must bring your brother to eat here since this eatery is near your place.

      Delete
  7. very expensive treat..I will be their once in a blue moon customer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will prefer 2 to 3 scoops of ice cream on its own. No need waffle or cone if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your way should be better because no need to fill up the stomach with waffle or cone, just the delicious ice cream will do.

      Delete