Thursday, April 21, 2016

T2014 Favourite Ice Cream Stick

This is my favourite ice cream 紅豆粉粿 (Hóngdòu fěn guǒ), I think I ate one stick everyday during my trip to Taiwan since there is a 7 11 around every corner where I can buy this.

紅豆is red bean. 粉粿is flour cakes which are chewy (QQ) cubes embedded in the ice cream.  粉粿 is made mainly from tapioca flour. If you search for 紅豆粉粿, you will find many photos of 粉粿.

There are two main brands selling this type of ice cream: 義美 (I Mei)  and 小美 (Xiao Mei). Both are nice but I Mei has more milk in its ice cream so I prefer Xiao Mei because its taste is lighter with less milk which enables me to eat more.

26 comments:

  1. Must be really nice for you to have one per day there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to have this ice cream in the hot weather like this. perfect for dessert too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you had it once a day, I am sure it's good.. The ice cream looks very creamy, if you can eat 1 stick a day, then I can eat 5 sticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other brand has even more milk in its ice cream. If you want very creamy, then you have to eat the ice cream from I MEI.

      Delete
  4. Yum yum. I love red bean ice cream stick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to try too! Looks nice and creamy.... hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why no one imports it and sells it here.

      Delete
  6. I like red bean, so I think I will like this ice cream too, and Xiao Mei brand too, yeah no milk means can eat more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really like this ice cream. Since it has red bean and chewy flour cakes inside, I have a feeling I will enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! I Mei also makes mooncakes and pastries like love rolls. I think they're a huge company in Taiwan. I also went to a lot of Family Mart when I was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also went to Family Mart too in addition to 7 11.

      Delete
  9. That is a surprise that you eat this everyday. I guess it is not that sweet otherwise you won't be loving it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds very filling with that trio of red beans, flour cake, tapioca flour!

    ReplyDelete