Tuesday, August 28, 2018

47BD1 Scallop Dumplings

We are back at Xin Cuisine, Concorde Hotel for their delicious dim sum on a Saturday (10.30 am) now that the 6% GST has been removed. Very creamy egg tarts (3) and Yam Puff (3) - MYR 12.20 nett each. Salad Prawn at MYR 15 nett.

I like to eat the scallop dumplings here so we ordered 2 portions (3 each) at MYR 28.30 nett per basket. The scallops are very fresh and juicy. Prawn dumplings and king siew mai (3 for MYR 16 nett each) and steamed fish paste at MYR 12.20 nett.

My friend said that we must order the roast pork (siew yuk) so we did at MYR 28.30 nett per portion.

The skin is so crispy and the thin layer of fats just melts in our mouths so this dish is definitely a must-eat.

I had to order the Lau Sa Bao (salted egg yolk buns - 3 for MYR 13 nett) as recommended by STP. This time the buns have a tinge of durian taste that enhances the overall eating experience. One of my friends also detected the durian taste but another friend could not detect it.

Total bill for 4 pax is MYR 182.35 nett after a 10% discount by using a member card. The BBQ pork bun and Lao Sar Bao has the same price so I did not alert the staff to the fact that I ordered Lao Sar Bao and not BBQ pork bun.

Other items on the order chit. Please click on the above photo to view a larger image. Need to deduct 6% GST from the listed price above.

Page 2 of the order chit.



16 comments:

  1. What a satisfying meal, it is good to eat in a group, as can order many items and share, I would love the scallop dumplings too as I like to eat scallop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would definitely like the scallop very much.

      Delete
  2. Loved the dim sum there since my first time there in the late 80's, way back in the days when it was Merlin Hotel!
    Was last there in 2011 when a dear blogger-friend took us there.
    https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2011/12/27/looking-forward/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read your post. Quay Po and family are such nice and warm people.

      Delete
  3. Wah...that's a nice meal. Some more got glorious siew yoke!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your partner would like dim sum and siew yoke like this I guess.

      Delete
  4. I like everything you ordered here. Lau sar pau, I love that. But no durian flavour in my buns, please. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally there would not be any durian taste. I am sure they did not intentionally put durian flavour inside the buns.

      Delete
  5. I prefer to have just the original custard flavor in my buns...Durian is to be eaten as it is ;-)
    That siu yoke...….drooling oOooooooooo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you will be able to detect the very slight durian taste as my friend also could not detect it. There was not supposed to have durian taste in the buns.

      Delete
  6. Everything looks good, especially the siu yoke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've dined here and like the food here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to eat dim sum with crispy skin siew yoke!

    ReplyDelete