Thursday, May 31, 2018

Tokushima Wagyu

This section of the menu piqued my interest. Which method of cooking the beef do you prefer?

It was from this special "Haru no Mikaku" menu. I searched online and found that Haru means spring and Mikaku means "Sense of Taste".

So I ordered these two items: 50g of grilled sirloin beef with tomato in rich miso at MYR 88 nett and a salad roll at MYR 13 nett.

The beef is served rare so I decided to cook it more. I was quite wary of the gas cylinder.

I removed all the slices of tomato and put them on a plate. Then I cooked the slices of beef on both sides slightly and switched off the fire when they are just done. The beef is very tender and delicious! 

I thought the beef was served on a plate shaped like a leaf but after all 3 of us finished eating the beef, only then I realised that the plate is in fact a real dry leaf. I wonder why the dry leaf could withstand the flames .

I ordered this salad roll because I wanted to eat very little rice with vegetables.

There are 3 types of vegetables here - avocado, cucumber and lettuce.

My friend ordered Oyster Nabe set at MYR 42 nett and another friend ordered our favourite Salmon Shioyaki Set (no photos) at MYR 32 nett.

There are two fresh oysters in the ladle. There are a few more oysters in the miso broth.

To our surprise, we were given a MYR 20 nett discount because Kura Restaurant at One World Hotel just reopened a few weeks ago after moving to the ground floor of the hotel from the first floor.

This is how the entrance looks like now compared to before the move.

When one walks from One Utama Shopping Mall to the lobby of One World Hotel on the ground floor, one must walk past Kura Restaurant now.

16 comments:

  1. I like the Zen style entrance, the new entrance looks brighter now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those prices are for the 50 gm serving, I guess? I wouldn't mind trying, just to see what all that hype about wagyu is all about and that will be it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! wagyu. Luxury but I must try it at least once and see how tender and good it is.

    Cook your own beef. I don't mind to cook it more. I don't take raw or medium. Prefer it done than seeing it bloody red. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think because the slices are not thick, even though I cooked it for a short while but they are quite done, no more bloody red.

      Delete
  4. Wah! The price is not bad lah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness. I was not even aware they had a Japanese restaurant on the first floor.

    I find it interesting to use tomatoes on the beef to cook them for better taste and sweetness. I am learning something new to use tomatoes besides pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now you can go try out this renovated restaurant.

      Delete
  6. I'm one of those who will eat beef at medium rare. Nothing beyond that as I like it to be red and juicy. My mom is afraid to eat with me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! I totally forgot about Kura until I read this post. Been there twice, I think. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. their main menu is the same as Rakuzen. Only the seasonal menu is different I think.

      Delete
  8. My tastebuds are not well-developed enough to detect different methods of cooking... when someone raves over food cooked over charcoal, I really can't tell it wasn't over a normal stove. So I'd just take anything hehe.

    That salad roll thing is so pretty. I won't mind eating vegs this way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nowadays I cannot detect butter in a dish unless it is extremely strong.

      Delete