Thursday, November 18, 2021

Not Open

On Thursday 18.nov.21, we went to buy takeaway lunch for the elderlies. Our two favourite stalls - seafood noodles and 3jc - were closed so I asked the coffee shop operator and he said Chung Jor. 

Chung Jor is Cantonese which loosely translate to Got it. When people strike lottery, they will also say Chung Jor. In this case, he means they are infected. I hope they will recover fully. The coffee shop was closed last week for cleaning and disinfecting.

1 pm - since the two stalls are closed, I bought ccf for the Elderlies and also for our own lunch. Chose sweet brown sauce mixed with curry gravy. Taste quite nice. Also bought fish paste meehoon at MYR 11 nett for them.


14 comments:

  1. Which shop? I m more interested to try the fish paste meehoon. Have u got ur 3rd jab appointment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choy Kei coffee shop, jln lazat 1, taman gembira. The fish paste meehoon is from the fish head noodles stall which is very popular there. No, not yet. I want to walk in to register to get it after Nov 22 when walk in is allowed.

      Delete
  2. Hit lottery is better than been infected. Haha.

    Hubby and I got notification on booster jab next week but we are reluctant to take. Some advised not to mix and match. Over here, they started to give booster to those aged 40 and above. Most I know, aren't taking it, prefer to wait for Sinovac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to take booster jab, mix and match is ok for me. Cos scared of kena delta since so many people kena like these two stalls operators. My two main jabs are sinovac too. I didn't get notification so waiting for walk in registration on Nov 22, 2021.

      Delete
  3. Chung jor is a dreaded word these days. The ccf looks good. Is the ccf steamed with dried shrimps or just plain ccf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, everyone is scared of being infected. This is just plain ccf.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, really chung jor but not the lottery, unfortunately... I miss the CCF, I mean the local ones... HK CCF is still easily accessible over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fish paste meehoon must easy to have quick cooking at home. Its good they closed when infected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about fish paste Meehoon. All places are supposed to close to disinfect when there are infected staff I believe is the sop.

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh thought 'chung jor' was for striking lottery. Drives home how easy it is to catch Covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better to strike lottery than this. Ya really very easy to chung so better to take booster.

      Delete