Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Fatty Overdose

Siu Yuk Mantao with no chili (there are 3 mantaos in 1 serving) - MYR 12 nett. The 3 of us ate 1 mantao each. The siu yuk (roast pork) has crispy skin and alternate layers of fat and meat. For once I swallowed some fats and spat out some that I felt are too thick.

Char siu mantao with sriracha chili sauce - MYR 12 nett for 1 serving (3 mantaos).  We ate 1 each again. This time I could not spit out the fatty parts of the char siu (BBQ pork) because the fat bits just melt in my mouth.

Porchetta Sandwich (Baguette) - MYR 15 nett. To put it simply, porchetta is Italian pork roast. My friend shared this with me as I love to eat rocket salad (arugula). I just love the taste of the meat, sauce and arugula. Must eat this immediately as the baguette gets a bit tough to chew when I brought some home.

A small bowl of porridge - MYR 4.50 nett. Very flavourful with many small pieces of siu yuk in it with peanuts. It was so flavourful that we did not eat much of the salty pickled vegetables provided (as can be seen in the small plastic container beside the bowl of porridge). My friend told me that the pickled vegetable is "橄欖菜/橄榄菜" (olive vegetable). I googled the chinese words and the exact picture appeared so I believe that my friend is correct. My friend shared this bowl of porridge with me too. I love the large amount of coriander/cilantro garnishing on the porridge.

My friend even bought 100 gm of siu yuk home for her family to eat. I have not eaten so much fatty bits in my entire life.

Pleasant interior. Order and pay at the counter and your meals will be delivered to your table.

Located at Kota Damansara, near Encorp Strand Mall.

They have this leaflet to distribute. Top left corner shows the porchetta. The two items at the bottom right and left are not sold now.

Turn the leaflet over and this is what you will see.

The menu is a simple 3-column listing which filled up 1 page only. Here I show it in 3 parts (1 part above and 2 parts below). You may click on any of the 3 parts to get a bigger photo so you may read the words in there.

We noticed that the rice is served in quite a big portion.

An adequate selection of drinks.

12 comments:

  1. Fats! I like! But not on my body please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mantou look so tasty I am hungry now

      Delete
    2. I don't think anyone likes to have lots of fats on their bodies.

      Delete
    3. Hope you go eat some tasty food after reading this!

      Delete
  2. Yum yummmm!!!! The mantao looks really good. Never mind! Once in a while is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mantao looks very delicious with pork inside. I have not tried but will sure sukak!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both types of mantou look so delicious. The Baguette can get very tough when not warm. I like it freshly toasted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd wanted to go this place some time back. But further investigation weren't that positive and I decided to drop. Now must put it back on my list...

    ReplyDelete