Friday, January 10, 2014

Quick food

Sometimes when I am very hungry and want to have my food quickly, I will order a plate of fried mee hoon (rice vermicelli) or a plate of fried rice. They are very filling and and high in carbohydrates.


Mee hoon stir fried with bean sprouts, small prawns, slices of pork meat, and slices of fish cake. I like the bean sprouts to be slightly raw and the mee hoon to be very soft and slightly moist. MYR7.


Rice stir fried with tiny fried anchovies, eggs, chopped long beans and tiny cubes of bbq pork meat (char siew). I also prefer the fried rice to be slightly moist and soft. MYR7.

7 comments:

  1. I like my fried rice a bit more dry. Love the ikan bilis on top there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like to eat this ikan bilis fried rice too.

      Delete
  2. I love fried mihun too. My bean sprout not toobe too raw. Dont like it green. Over here it is around RM6.00 per plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just has fried rice this morning. Have leftover rice from last night. Usually I fry because I make porridge, no one eat. Lol.

      Delete
    2. Cooking fried rice from leftover rice is a good move because more people like to eat fried rice than eat leftover rice with main dishes.

      Delete
  3. How come your fried rice and fried mee hun are so expensive? Is it because of where you live? In the morning market I think I can still get fried mee hun with curry sauce for RM3 in Klang. As for the fried rice, probably RM5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, in the morning market where the fried mee hun is already fried and sold in a big container, it is cheaper by a little bit. This fried rice and fried mee hun is fried on order during dinner time and also because it is KL, it is a bit more expensive.

      Delete