Friday, January 3, 2014

7 Grains

I eat bread daily, sometimes I consume up to 7 slices of bread a day so I choose the bread I eat carefully. Before my late father who had diabetes passed away, someone told him that this Sprouted Life Grain Bread is suitable for his consumption.

This bread is baked and distributed by Adventist Bakery, Penang Adventist Hospital but can be bought in selected supermarkets in the Klang valley. Aeon Supermarket and Cold Storage sells them at MYR6.6 a loaf. There are two types: 7-grains sprouted bread (green packaging) and 3-seeds sprouted bread (red packaging).

I have eaten both types and found that I like the taste of the 7-grains (soya beans, millet, rye, lentil, corn, oat, wheat) bread better. As it is 100% flour free, I can eat more than 5 slices at a go and not feel full.

Since it has no preservaties, I keep it in the fridge and thus it becomes quite dry. Some people may not like it and say that the texture is like cardboard but I can still eat it dry as it is, without any spread. That is usually how I eat my bread, plain. If you eat as much bread as I do, perhaps you may want to try this bread too.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, i have not keep bread in fridge before....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since they do not have any preservatives, we have to put the bread in the fridge.

      Delete
  2. I used to love Gardenia and eat a lot when I was studying in WM. We did not have Gardenia bread over here.

    Once a while I also keep my bread in a container and store in fridge if we could not finish it or near expiry. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I did not know that Gardenia does not distribute their bread to East Malaysia.

      Delete
  3. I eat bread as my lunch in the office. I usually buy 1 loaf and keep it in the fridge and toast few slices for lunch with hot beverages. I have not seen your recommended type of bread here, i normally opt for wholemeal bread but whole grain bread like yours would be a better choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried this type before..

    ReplyDelete