Thursday, November 14, 2019

3 Course Ben Express Lunch

5 of us went to have Ben Express Lunch at the Gardens Mall again. This time we ordered one three-course set lunch at MYR 35++ (MYR 40.6 nett) and selected the following dishes: Ben's House Salad again - lettuce, arugula, avocado, cherry, tomatoes, edamame, walnuts, 7-seed mix with Ben's signature dressing which is a bit sweet, light and tangy.

Main dish - duck confit and sundried tomatoes. The sundried tomatoes are quite salty.

My friend does not like to eat arugula so I removed all the peppery nutty greens and add them to my salad.

A slice of Banoffee cake. Sweet but nice when each person eats a bit of the cake only. There is a layer of bananas which make the cake tastier.

Ala carte order: Magnum Iced Chocolate drink at MYR 13++ (MYR 15.08 nett). The drink is very rich and smooth.

Ala carte order: a slice of apple pie at MYR 14++ (MYR 16.24 nett) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The cubes of apples inside the pie this time is not as soft as the time I ate it back in Sep 2019.

Ala carte order: Flat white at MYR 10++ (MYR 11.60 nett).

Total price for 5 pax is MYR 83.50 nett because we ate lunch elsewhere before having dessert here with another lunch to share.

12 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! I've Magnum in my post today! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah that Magnum Iced Coffee drink sure looks good! Like your friend, I am not fond of arugula but I will eat when served.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very delicious lunch set. Love the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything served at Ben's are very tasty and uniquely prepared. I have only dined at Publika's outlet many times. I love their cakes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been quite sometime that I have been to publika.

      Delete
  5. The mains look rather too healthy for me. Everything else... yums!

    ReplyDelete