Saturday, November 23, 2019

No added sugar

I bought this pack of 1 Litre "So Good Almond Milk" unsweetened with No Added Sugar from Village Grocer, MyTown Mall and could not remember the price. An online search found that Jaya Grocer sells this 1 Litre pack at MYR 9.90 nett. Affordable price or not? 

Ground Almonds is only 2.5% so I think it is better just to eat the almonds but this is a good substitute for milk and soy milk. It tastes rather nice to me but others may not agree with my opinion because my friend describes it as having a rather flat "cardboard" taste. No harm buying one pack to test for yourself. I may try other brands before getting back to this one if this tastes the best.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This almond milk is non dairy. Chocolate milk is dairy product.

      Delete
  2. But it is very healthy to drink unsweetened milk like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, the Australian and New Zealand fresh milk is cheap and we can opt for the low fat instead of full cream, both unsweetened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This almond milk is non dairy and non soy. For vegans.

      Delete
  4. Not everyone likes almond milk. I too prefer to eat almond nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the real almond. Not really like the taste of almond milk. Tried once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess different brands of almond milk have different taste.

      Delete
  6. The Penang folks love to drink Almond Milk which they call it as "Heng Jin Teh" I wonder if they tastes similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, not the same. That is chinese almonds which are seeds of apricots fruit. very different taste.

      Delete
  7. Seems like a good price to me. Usually way into double-digits. Apparently dairy products are bad for humans so nut milk is the way to go. Just very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but I think most people here who are used to drinking our local soy milk will find it difficult to accept this taste unless they use it to do overnight oats and add honey, berries, and nuts, then the "raw" taste would be covered by the other ingredients.

      Delete