Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Yins Sourdough Uptown

I noticed this Yin's Sourdough Bakery and Cafe in Damansara Uptown. I have been to this cafe in Penang so I am glad to see them in the Klang Valley now.

They open very early at 7.30 am because they serve breakfast in their cafe. We bought 4 items as takeaways and my friend loves their Three Seeds Wholemeal Loaf at MYR 10 nett. Maybe one day if we are there early in the morning, we will dine in for breakfast.

This is half of the pair of cinnamon roll at MYR 5.20 nett per pair. It has a lot of raisins and walnuts in it so it is tasty but I could not taste the cinnamon.

This is half a slice of the banana cake at MYR 6 nett a slice. Almost as expensive as a slice of banana cake from Delectable by Su at MYR 7 nett a slice. The taste is authentic without any artificial banana essence.

This is the cross section of a loaf of Rye Sourdough at MYR 12.60 nett a loaf. It is soft and quite dense with a sourish taste.

14 comments:

  1. I'm not into this sourdough thing but I do not mind a nice cinnamon roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh bread early morning. Sounds good. 3 seeds wholemeal loaf is yummy looking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, 3 seeds wholemeal loaf is not shown in the photos. The last photo shows the rye sourdough.

      Delete
  3. I love sourdough bread and meant to buy one to try. I have looked at their cafe menu but I did not find it enticing enough. Perhaps I should try their banana cake and cinnamon roll too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't look at their cafe menu. will look at it if my friends go uptown for lunch.

      Delete
  4. Cinnamon bread looks yummy. I prefer banana cakes without the artificial banana essence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sourdough bread is the rage these days.

    Banana cake banana cake... I must make it myself one of these days! One of the very few bakes that turn out well for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, didn't know that you are a baker, yourself! Yummy to bake your own banana cake.

      Delete